Chapter 17

After I had won my second princess key, Lotus was quick to congratulate me and give me a hug after we had walked out of the hall, saying how well Eevee had performed considering it was a little shy at first, and she, along with the rest of the crowd, could see how much fun we were having.

We stayed in Courmarine for the night and in the morning, we would head through Lumiose badlands so we could head back into Lumiose, and I could challenge the electric type gym there.

As soon as morning came, I was up and ready with my Pokémon, while Lotus slept in a little longer than I did.

While she was, I packed everything that we needed and once she was awake, we made our way out of Courmarine city.

Once we got to the badlands, we immediately had to shield our eyes from all the dust and dirt that was flying about in the air. We also had to watch out step, as to not accidentally disturb some of the ground type Pokémon that were living here.

Luckily, we managed to make our way through the badlands without disturbing any of them or hurting our eyes. Because of the weather conditions, we avoided any trainers we could, since I didn't want my Pokémon to get hurt either from the sandstorm in the badlands.

I felt a sense of belonging in Lumiose, since this was where we visited and stayed with the professor when I first started on my journey, and where I fought my first double battle, along with Lotus and Braixen when it was just a little fennekin.

While I was re-living the memories I had made in such a short time, I knew I had to go visit the professor again, to tell him that I had not only won 4 gym badges, but I had also won 2 princess keys, meaning I only needed one more before I could compete in the master class.

After telling Lotus what I wanted to, she agreed and we made our way towards the professor's house, talking along the way as we did. Every so often, I would glance at the Lumiose tower, knowing that's where my next gym battle would be. I knew Luvdisc and Vivillon would have to sit the battle out, since Luvdisc was at a huge disadvantage being a water type, and Vivillon was a bug and flying type, also meaning she was a huge disadvantage.

That left Braixen, Eevee, Pachirisu and Sawsbuck. Although Pachirisu was an electric type pokemon herself, I knew she did know normal type moves as well, so we could use those instead of using electric attacks which wouldn't have much effect at all. Not only that, but it also meant the gym leader's pokemon wouldn't do much damage either.

Although I could only use 3 pokemon.

I asked Lotus about it, but she said it was up to me. However, she did say using Pachirisu would be a good bet because of how small she was as well, so she could easily dodge the attacks.

With that, I decided that one the pokemon I would use would be Pachirisu. I wanted Eevee to get a little more battle experience as well so I quickly decided that Eevee would be the second pokemon I would use.

That left the choice between Sawsbuck and Braixen.

Braixen had more experience than Sawsbuck did, but that was because I hadn't really battled much with Sawsbuck.

I hadn't really performed with Sawsbuck either I thought, making my chest hurt a little from guilt. Out of all the pokemon I had, Sawsbuck was the one I had only used when fighting Grant when she was a deerling...

"Yui?" Lotus says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I answer.

"Oh, so you do answer then." Lotus replies, a small smile on her face.

I smile sheepishly at her, "Sorry, I was thinking about something?" I tell her truthfully, and I could see that she was interested in what I was thinking about, so I continued.

"Sawsbuck is the only one of my pokemon that I haven't used much at all, only when I battled Grant when she was a deerling..." I admitted.

"and you feel bad about that?" Lotus says, and I nod in agreement.

"Why not use Sawsbuck in the electric gym then?" Lotus suggests.

"I could, it would be nice for Sawsbuck to get more battle experience that isn't through training." I reply, making my mind up immediately.

I had decided. I would use Eevee, Pachirisu and Sawsbuck in the electric gym.

After that, we arrived at the professor's lab, and we didn't hesitate in walking in and looking for the professor.

Conveniently enough, the professor was just walking into the room as we walked in, and we immediately started talking with him, with me telling him about my gym battles and performances.

He also offered to let me talk to my parents for a little bit, which I happily took. I hadn't talked to them at all since I started my journey, so it was nice to catch up and tell them everything that had happened.

They were beyond proud when I told them I had won 4 gym badges, and I had won 2 princess keys. They were glad I was having fun on my journey too and were happy that I had made friends with my pokemon.

The professor offered for us to stay the night again, since we must be tired from the badlands and getting here from Courmarine city.

We, of course, accepted and after that, we went into the area where the different pokemon the professor was researching were, and we played with them for a little bit before the professor told us it was time to eat.

After we had eaten, it was quite late, so we all went to bed.

I, however, couldn't sleep, the thought of Sawsbuck feeling left out invaded my thoughts, not allowing me to sleep.

As a result, I ended up getting out bed, bringing Sawsbuck's pokeball with me, and heading to the area where the pokemon were that the professor was researching.

"Go Sawsbuck" I whispered, and Sawsbuck came out of it's pokeball, looking at me confusingly.

"Hey Sawsbuck..." I started, petting Sawsbuck's nose, "I'm sorry if you feel left out... I don't mean for that..." I continued, not really knowing how to word my thoughts.

"I understand if you don't like me because I haven't used you much in battle, other than training..." I trailed off, tears almost springing to my eyes as the thought of one my first pokemon hating me came to mind.

Sawsbuck in return, shook it's head and licked my cheek, letting me know it didn't hate me and wasn't mad at me.

"Thank you..." I whispered, hugging the pokemon, before putting it back into it's pokeball, and heading back to my room.

When I got back, Braixen, who had I taken out her pokeball before I got into bed, was awake, looking at me with concern.

"Don't worry I'm fine." I tell the pokemon as I climb back into the bed, my eyes drifted shut, thinking of my gym battle tomorrow.