Chapter 19

"Congratulations Yui, you battled well with your pokemon." Clemont praises me before giving the badge to me, and Lotus hugs me afterwards, saying how well I battled with my pokemon as well before we excited the gym.

Before we continued though, both our stomachs rumbled loudly, making us both laugh and decide to get something to eat at one of the nearby battle restaurants. Of course, I needed to heal my pokemon, so our first stop was the pokemon centre.

After we healed my pokemon at the pokemon centre, we made our way to one of the battle restaurants near the route we needed to take to get to the next town for my next gym badge.

It was once again a double battle restaurant, and after we were seated and we had ordered, someone led us outside to the battlefield where we could battle a couple of the servers while we waited for our food.

Lotus sent out Chandelure, while I sent out Pachirisu. The servers in return, sent out Simisear and Simisage, giving us a slight advantage to the battle.

"Pachirisu, use super fang on Simisage!" I call.

"Use confuse ray on Simisage!" Lotus calls as well.

Both our pokemon obey immediately, the server's Simisage not having any time to react as the confuse ray hit it, making it confused, while the Simisear ended up taking the attack from Pachirisu in attempt to reduce the damage Simisage would have taken.

After the server tells Simisear to use flamethrower, without me even saying anything, Pachirisu dodges. The opposing Simisage was unable to attack due to the confusion, so Lotus told her Chandelure to use flame burst on Simisage, which hit it dead on.

"Use Discharge Pachirisu!" I call, and Lotus tells her Chandelure to move so it doesn't get hit by Pachirisu's discharge. Both the Simisear and Simisage weren't able to dodge either, so both of them took damage from the attack.

Soon after though, the Simisage recovered from the confusion, and started charging up a solar beam, which I knew we would have to dodge otherwise we would end up taking a lot of damage.

"Use night shade on Simisear!" Lotus calls, and her Chandelure attacks immediately. The Simisear manages to move at the last second, but the Simisear still takes a little damage from the attack.

"Electro ball Pachirisu!"

"Use Flame burst again Chandelure!"

After a few more attacks, we win the battle, and by the time we were seated again, our food had arrived, so we ate as quickly as we could before continuing towards Route 14.

Once we had gotten there, we noticed it was a marshy area, the water being a dark green with scary looking trees lining the path up the marsh.

"Okay let's go Sawsbuck!" I say, calling Sawsbuck out of its pokeball, asking if it could carry us on its back through the route so we wouldn't have to walk through the marshy waters and risk getting stuck,

Sawsbuck nodded, and I climbed on its back. Lotus, on the other hand, looked hesitant.

"We're riding Sawsbuck?" Lotus asks, almost shocked, and I playfully roll my eyes.

"How else did you think we were getting through the marsh?" I say, giving her a questioning look.

"I wanted to walk." Lotus says bluntly, causing me to laugh a little.

"Did you really think we would walk?" I say.

"Yes"

"No, get on here!" I say, pulling her arm, forcing her to get on Sawsbuck's back with me.

"I hate you..." Lotus mumbles.

"No, you don't you love me really." I retort as I tap Sawsbuck neck to let it know to start moving.

"Let me walk through the marsh~" Lotus says, dragging out the last syllable.

"No, it's quicker this way." I reply, trying not to laugh as Sawsbuck continues walking.

After battling trainers along the way and Lotus' endless complaining about wanting to walk through the Marsh, with me telling her no. at one point, she tried to get off of Sawsbuck and walk, but I stopped her, laughing while I did so, and continued on.

Once we had gotten to the end of the route, I thanked Sawsbuck, putting back in its pokeball shortly after.

Once again, our first stop when we got to Laverre city was the pokemon centre to get Sawsbuck cleaned up a little bit, since its legs were dirtied from the marsh.

Once we were outside again, we couldn't help but admire the city itself. Amber leaves littered the ground, giving a soft crunch at people walked across them. The trees towered over certain parts of the city, with the gym itself being under a giant tree. Soft pink flowers were blooming along the bank of a crystal-clear river, the soft sound of small waves echoing through the town along with the soft rustle of the leaves from the trees.

By now, the sky had turned from a light blue to a much darker blue, the pearl white moonlight illuminating the town, with the small twinkling stars above.

We decided it would be best to stay the pokemon centre, since then we could go to gym battle first thing tomorrow and carry on from there.

I knew the gym was a fairy type gym, so I could use any of my pokemon against the gym leader's pokemon. I knew I would use Braixen and Eevee, but I was struggling to figure out who else to use. I hadn't used Luvdisc to battle in a while, but I hadn't used Vivillon either.

Although, I had used Vivillon in the recent showcase, so I immediately decided I would use Luvdisc.

I was confident we could win my sixth gym badge tomorrow, then it would only be 2 more gym badges to go until the elite four.