Chapter 11

The next day I woke up before Lotus, and since I didn't have the heart to wake her up, I packed up my camping stuff and left her a note in her tent to tell her I was going to challenge Grant to a gym battle, saying if she wants to come and watch the re-match she can.

Before entering Grant's gym, I do my best to re-collect myself and calm myself down. I couldn't let one lost bring all of my confidence down, so I was trying my best to convince myself I was going to win this time.

After Grant greeted me again, we immediately started the battle, me starting with deerling again and him starting with Tyrunt.

The battle went smoothly, and we beat his Tyrunt quicker than we did before. Next, was his Amaura, which was the issue I was worrying about.

"Amaura, use icebeam!" Grant instructs, his Amaura obeying immediately.

"Jump and dodge Deerling, then use double kick!" I shout quickly, and deerling does exactly as I asked perfectly, landing a hit on Amaura.

"You've definitely gotten stronger since last time, I could see how much power that double kick had." Grant compliments, and I thank him, saying we trained hard after we had lost, and I had gotten closer to my pokemon as well.

"Impressive," Grant starts, before continuing, "Amaura, use rock tomb!"

All it took was one look between me and deerling for it to know what to do.

Deerling jumped onto one of the falling rocks, one by one, before it jumped off one and landed just outside of the tomb.

"You didn't think we would fall for the same trick twice, did you?" I say, smirking, and I saw Grant was impressed that all it took was one look between me and deerling for it to know what I wanted it to do.

"Jump and use leech seed deerling!" I shout immediately, not giving Grant anytime to give a command to his Amaura.

Leech seed hits dead on, but as soon as it makes contact with Amaura's body the seeds freeze over, and I mentally face palm. I should have known since Amaura is an ice type, it's body temperature would be pretty low and grass type moves wouldn't have much effect.

"Use thunder wave Amaura!" Grant commands, and Amaura obeys, sending electricity towards deerling.

"Dodge it deerling!" I cry out, and luckily deerling manages to dodge.

"Now use double kick!"

With that, Deerling hits Amaura dead on, dealing a lot of damage, since Amaura almost lost its footing when Deerling made contact.

"Take down Amaura!" Grant says immediately after, not giving deerling anytime to get away before Amaura hit it, sending deerling back towards me.

Luckily, deerling could still fight, but I wanted it to get some rest.

"You've done well deerling, return!" I call, deerling returning to its pokeball as soon as the word 'return' left my mouth.

"Time to take center stage Braixen!" I say to my partner next me, and she runs onto the battlefield with a flame already ignited at the end of the stick in her tail.

Grant tells his Amaura to use rock tomb, and I immediately knew what I was going to counterattack with.

"Braixen, stay where you are!" I say, and Braixen looks at me as if I was crazy. As soon as I gave her a look of 'trust me' she relaxes and stays where she is. I could even tell Grant was confused as well.

"Wait for it..." I mumble under my breath, as the rocks get closer to Braixen. When they are just above her, I shout, "Braixen! Spin and use psybeam!"

Braixen carries out the command and the psybeam hits, shattering the rocks from the underneath as the psybeam makes contact, making a few shards hit Amaura as well.

I follow up with telling Braixen to use fire spin, trapping Amaura in a fiery vortex.

By now, Lotus was watching from the sidelines with her serperior, and I could see her smiling a proud smile as she watched my battle.

"Let's finish this Braixen! Use Flame charge!" I call, and Braixen looks back at me triumphantly, carrying out my wish as she charges towards Amaura, covered in flames and makes direct contact.

Steam covered the battlefield.

"Amaura is unable to battle! The winner is the challenger, Yui, and her Braixen!" The referee announces, and I smile widely.

"We did it Braixen!" I cheer, fist pumping the air and Braixen runs over to me, as happy as I am, and throws its arms around me.

"You did well defeating Amaura. That Psybeam, followed my fire spin and flame charge were amazing. I present to you the cliff badge, you've earned it." Grant says, handing me the badge.

That was it.

I had won my second gym badge.