Chapter 26

"Electro ball Pachirisu!"

"Future sight Gotherita!"

Since Gotherita's Future sight wouldn't hit until a little while later, the pokemon dodges Pachirisu's electro ball and sets up for the future sight attack.

"Be careful Pachirisu! The future sight won't hit until a little while later so keep an eye out!" I warn, and Pachirisu yips at me, letting me know it understood.

"Alright Pachirisu, jump and use discharge!" I say, and Pachirisu obeys, using its tail to push its self into the air, raising it above its head once it did so, blue lighting emitting from its tail headed straight for Gotherita.

"Dodge it and use dark pulse Gotherita." Lotus says calmly, and her pokemon carries out the command immediately, dodging in between the lighting and once it gets close enough to Pachirisu, it unleashes a dark beam towards Pachirisu.

"Use super fang to bite through that dark pulse Pachirisu!" I quickly say, and Pachirisu barely makes it in time, extending its teeth and biting through the dark pulse, making a cloud of smoke.

As a result, both pokemon get knocked back, Pachirisu managing to land on its tail while Gotherita landed on its feet.

"That was quick thinking Yui, I'm impressed, but you won't win the battle so easily." Lotus says, smirking, and as I look up, I notice the future sight attack take effect, blue orbs heading straight for Pachirisu.

"Spin on the ground and use Discharge Pachirisu!" I say quickly, and Pachirisu does exactly as I say, the discharge hitting the future sight attack, effectively blocking it. Not only did it manage to block the attack, but Gotherita got hit by the Discharge as well.

"How's that Lotus?" I say, confidence evident in my voice, and I noticed she looked surprised as the attack not only blocked future sight, but also hit her Gotherita as well.

"You won't win so easily Yui! Use psybeam Gotherita!" Lotus quickly says, and I could tell that she was getting into this battle as much as I was.

Gotherita obeys immediately, unleashing a rainbow-coloured beam towards Pachirisu.

"Use electro ball to counter Pachirisu!"

Pachirisu yips then carries out the command, forming an electric ball at the tip of its tail and throwing it towards Gotherita's psybeam, and I hoped the electro ball would break through the psybeam.

However, things didn't go how I had planned, and the psybeam broke through the electro ball and hit Pachirisu head on, causing her to be thrown back towards the wall.

"Quick Pachirisu use your tail to bounce of the wall and use super fang!" I shout, and Pachirisu manages to recover just in time, using its tail to bounce of the wall towards Gotherita, extended its teeth as it did so.

However, I noticed Lotus hadn't yet called an attack, and just stood her patiently, her Gotherita mimicking her.

Pachirisu was almost at Gotherita when Lotus smirked and said, "Dark pulse Gotherita!"

I didn't even try to hide the shock on my face as Gotherita used the move, and since Pachirisu was so close, it didn't have any room to dodge.

As the move hit, it created a cloud of smoke and I saw Pachirisu fall to the ground.

"Pachirisu!" I called but got no response.

When the smoke cleared, Pachirisu was laid on the snow in front of Gotherita, and I could see she had fainted.

Calling Pachirisu back to its pokeball, I whispered, "Thank you Pachirisu you did amazingly."

"I told you it wouldn't be easy Yui. I'm not going easy on you just because we're friends!" Lotus says.