Chapter 2 First Gym Battle

Once they get back to the lab, Professor Oak says, "So Ash, are you happy to meet all the Pokemon?"

Ash says, "Well, it is kinda great, but you wouldn't believe what just happened."

Delia asks, "What do you mean by that?"

Ash shows them the list and they are surprised to see the first one of the list is changed. They also explain what happened outside. Goodshow says, "So even the god of Pokemon, Arceus, is trying to give you more challenge to become a Pokemon Master I see."

"But I don't think that the lab can hold on to THAT many Pokemon." Alice says. "What is he going to do?"

Professor Oak says, "Maybe there will be a way, right now, you just need to relax and do your work."

Ash and Alice nod, then they see Tracy walking inside the lab. "Ash, it has been a while."

"Hey, Tracy, I thought I didn't see you here before, where were you?" Ash asks after greeting the watcher.

"I was at my gym since I was just new to this whole Gym Leader business." Tracy says, much to their surprise. "Since when did Pallet Town have a gym?"

"It has been a while ago." Goodshow says, "Professor Oak and I have talked about it a lot and we decide to make one. Not to mention that Professor Oak suggests Tracy be the leader as he trusts his skills."

"Well, that is kinda true after all." Tracy says. "And who is this?" He points at Alice.

"This is Alice, she is my...girlfriend." Ash hesitates to say the last one because he is blushing very hard. As for Alice, she is blushing as Ash has confirmed that she is her boyfriend.

"Oh, I never thought about that. Congratulations on getting a girl I think." Tracy says with surprise. "Though I thought it was Misty or the others."

"There is a reason why I acted dense while we were traveling." Ash says with a little annoyance. Goodshow says, "By the way, I am going back to the headquarters, I'll be looking forward to your progress."

"Sure." Ash and the others bid farewell to the president. Delia and Valerie also leave as they decide to have a chat back at their house. As for Ash and Alice, Ash says, "Tracy, can you please take us to your gym? I will like to challenge it."

"Why of course. Though you already completed the league here, why challenge it again?" Tracy asks.

"I promised Mr. Goodshow that I am going to win all of them if I want to be a Pokemon Master. And a battle is what I need for now."

"I see." Tracy says as he shows them the way to the Gym. It is a small gallery where a lot of sketches are shown. Alice says, "Tracy, did you sketch all of these?"

"Of course. And Professor Oak is my idol, which makes me on this path." Tracy says as they walk to the battlefield. "So Ash, the rules are simple, two versus two."

"Sure." Ash says as he walks towards the field. Tracy's first Pokemon is a Venomoth. Ash says, "Your Venonat evolved..."

"Yeah, I have been training ever since I was elected to be a Gym Leader." Tracy says. "But I am not as good as you."

"Well, I like the challenge. Bulbasaur, I choose you." But the Pokemon that comes out of the Pokeball is not a Bulbasaur, but a Venusaur. "Wait, what's going on here? Why are you a Venusaur now?"

Venusaur says, "It was after you go back in the lab with your mate, Arceus made us evolve so that we can be stronger. I know I still like to be a Bulbasaur, but I can't learn more if I didn't evolve."

"That's reasonable." Ash says. "Well, I guess I am using Venusaur I guess."

Tracy says, "Bulbasaur evolving is quite a surprise to me, but I am not afraid of it. Venomoth use Psychic!"