Chapter 7: Mt. Moon

After leaving Rota Kingdom, Ash and Alice are now inside Mt. Moon. Ash says, "It sure has been a while since I stayed in this place."

"Well, we are heading to the Cerulean City, and the only way to get there is to get through the cave." Alice says. "But I heard that there are a lot of great Pokemon around as well."

"You are not kidding." Ash says as they spot a Sandslash. "A Sandslash, you know, I always want to capture one back when we are in this cave."

"Really? Then why didn't you catch it?" Alice asks in confusion.

"Because they were dried out because of Team Rocket, they put lights inside the cave." Ash says with annoyance. Just then, the Sandslash notices the two of them as he signals them to follow him. Once they did, they find three different fossils on the ground and Ash says, "What do you know, they are Helix Fossil, Dome Fossil, and Old Amber."

"Do you know these fossils? Ash?" Alice asks.

"I remember that they can become Omanyte, Kabuto, and Aerodactyl." This causes the girl to get surprised. Sandslash then gives each fossil to them and Ash asks, "Are you sure we can take these?"

The Sandslash nods, saying that he remembers that Ash and his other travel companions are the ones that stop Team Rocket back in the cave. Not only that, it wants to join them as both Ash and Alice agree. They toss the Dusk Ball and then capture the Pokemon.

As they continue further, they see two Pokemon showing affection to each other. Alice asks, "What are those? They sure look tough."

"The blue one over there is Nidoqueen, and the purple one is Nidoking. They both evolve from Nidoran and the difference is their gender." Ash says.

"The two Pokemon notice the two trainers as they prepare to battle, Ash says, "Wait, we don't mean any harm. We are sorry that we interrupt your mating, but we just want to get through this cave as soon as possible."

The two Pokemon just glare at them and the Nidoqueen says, "Why should we believe you? Human?"

Pikachu and Eevee want to show them that both Ash and Alice aren't bad, but they are blasted by the Aura Sphere and Sand Tomb.

"Pikachu!""Eevee, are you alright?" Ash and Alice yell in concern, as they all nod to show that they are fine. Ash says, "Alice, we should battle them. It is a good thing we learn Aura, so we can battle them without sending our Pokemon."

"Right. Let's do it." The two of them take out their guns and ropes, and both Nido Pokemon fire Poison Jab at them, but Ash uses the Gun to block it and then uses Flash Cannon. As for Alice, she uses the rope to make Earthquake, causing them to fall down.

"How are you able to use Pokemon moves? You are just mere humans." The Nidoking is surprised.

"We are both Aura users, what you saw is the power of aura, which makes us able to use Pokemon moves." This causes the two Pokemon to stop in surprise as they want forgiveness. Apparently, they know everything about the Aura users.

"We forgive you, but can you tell us why you attack us?" Ash asks.

"We were captured by a human, and it has abused our powers. It is after the fact that a trainer manages to stop him and his group that we are able to escape." Nidoqueen says.

Ash looks at their heart and says, "Don't tell me, is that person the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni?"

The Pokemon are surprised to know that this trainer knows the name. Pikachu says, "He sends some idiots to capture me for almost ten years, we know about him. But don't worry about them, Team Rocket is disbanded, you don't need to attack us as well."