Chapter 8: Cerulean Gym

Ash and Alice are now sitting at the table having lunch, while Misty and the others are sitting at the other table as they are spying on them. They are surprised to see how Ash isn't gobbling down his food, and the fact that he is chatting with Alice while eating gently kinda disturbs them.

"Is this the same Ash that we know?" Max asks. "I feel like he is kinda matured."

"Just who is that girl and what did she do to the old Ash?" Dawn asks with a little frustration.

At the same time, Ash and Alice are focusing on each other so much that they didn't notice the others looking at them. Alice says, "So Ash, are you going to challenge the Cerulean Gym after this is done?"

"I could have done it, but I heard from Mew that Mewtwo is located in the Cerulean Cave. It will be great if we check out the place first." Ash says.

"What is a Mewtwo?" Alice asks in confusion. Ash says, "Mewtwo is a Pokemon that is made by Mew's DNA. We didn't meet on good terms but in the end, all work well."

"How come?" Alice asks, but Ash shrugs, "I am not sure, Mew told me that both he and herself wipe my memory because they don't want me to remember it. And judging by how fearful Mew looks, I decide not to question further."

"I see." Alice says as she decides to drop the question. After they finish eating, Ash stands up and finally notices the group. "Hey, it's Misty, May, Dawn, and Max. Hey guys."

The four are shocked to see Ash find them. They all greet Ash and Ash asks, "What are you doing here?"

Misty says, "I invited them to watch my sister's performance show, and we decide to hang out for lunch. But who is the girl behind you?"

Ash says, "Oh, I think I should explain. This is Alice, she is my girlfriend and my travel partner. Alice, these are my former travel partners back in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh."

"It is nice to meet all of you." Alice bows at them and they are surprised. "You have a girlfriend? Ash?" Misty asks.

"When did it happen?" Max asks. "And how is the densest person in the whole world able to get a girlfriend?"

"Well, you see, I wasn't dense, I just acted like it. Because deep down I know that I will be reunited with Alice." Ash says. "I made a confession when we are five years old and that's when we become a couple."

Alice holds Ash's arm and says, "And after the World Championships, we finally reunite and this time we aren't going to be separated."

The girls are being jealous of Ash, and May says, "Well, good for you, Ash. To be able to keep your love this long."

Dawn says, "But why are you traveling again? I thought you would take a rest after being two region champions in a row."

"About that, I got a request from Mr. Goodshow, as he gives me the requirements of how to become an official Pokemon Master. I was just following the list, which consists of capturing every Pokemon, challenging every gym, Battle Frontier and Contests, and even mastering the Mega Evolution, Z Moves, and Gigantamax."

"That sounds like a lot of work to do." Max says, "So it was really you that won the contest a few hours ago?"

"Yeah. It was my second ribbon and I just need three more for the Grand Festival." Ash says. "How about you two? Are you taking part in the Kanto Contests?"

"We aren't." Dawn says, "We are at the Johto until we decide to visit Misty."

Max mutters, "And they have to drag me along..."

Alice says, "I know how you feel, when I was younger I would also be dragged by my sisters as well."

"You have sisters?" Misty asks Alice. Ash says, "Two of them, I remember Flora wants to be a model while Eve wants to be a Professor, right?"