Chapter 32 Battle against Giovanni

Ash, Alice, and the others are now at the entrance of Viridian City Gym, and Ash says, "This is it...I mean...I think I have been waiting for this..."

"I am sure you are, this is your sixteenth badge, and if you get this one, you can just challenge the Elite 4." Alice says.

As they enter the gym, it is very dark, just like the other times when he enters the place. "Is anyone in the Gym?"

"I have been waiting for you, Ash." Just then, the lights are shining on Giovanni, who is sitting in a chair looking at him. Ash says, "Uncle Giovanni..."

"You're willing to call me uncle even after all the things I have done to you in the past. I am really touched." Giovanni says. "And I see you have some gym leaders who come to watch the gym battle as well."

"I guess so since the League Conference is near." Ash shrugs. "But you know why I am here, right?"

"Of course, you are here for the Gym Badge." Giovanni says as he stands up. "And how about a five versus five? I am sure that it will be a great challenge for you."

"Well, I did have a five-on-five gym battle against Tiamat, so it is not a big deal." Ash says.

"If you don't mind, I would like to see this battle as well." As they look at the seats, Adam is there and Ash says, "Dad? What are you doing here?"

"Wait, he's your father?" Brock asks as they have never seen him before. Adam flinches a little, and then he walks from the seats and hugs Ash. He says, "I can't miss my son's final gym battle in this Kanto Region, can I?"

Giovanni coughs and says, "Looks like your son already knows you're his father."

"I guess so, though I wonder how long have you known the truth?" Adam asks.

"Did you think after you taught me aura, I couldn't sense the similar aura that you had with me?" Ash says. "Though I didn't mention it back at Rota because I knew you wanted to keep a secret."

"I see." Adam says with a smile. "And I am very proud of you to master that much."

"So he is Ash's father? How come we have never seen him before?" Misty asks, and Alice says, "Because he is the leader of the Royal Guards of Rota, he has duties to attend. And he is also a traveling aura guardian to protect Pokemon."

"I see..." Brock says that he has been to Rota before.

Giovanni says, "Now that the reunions are done, how about we start our gym battle?"

Ash says, "You bet I'm ready."

Giovanni takes out a Pokeball and sends it out, revealing it to be a Golem. Ash says, "I choose Vileplume."

As he sends out his first Pokemon, Giovanni says, "A Grass Type Pokemon, it should be four times super effective to my Golem, but I won't let you beat me this easily. Use Steamroller."

The Bug Type attack hits Vileplume as it deals some damage. "Petal Dance." Ash yells, but Golem manages to use Rock Blast to knock out the attack, and in the end, Vileplume is confused and then Golem gives out an Earthquake to knock it out.

"No way...Ash's Vileplume was just beaten like that..." Misty says.

"That Golem looks tougher than mine..." Brock says. "No wonder he is the strongest Gym Leader in Kanto..."

Adam just looks at Ash and says, "My brother Giovanni is also known to be Giovanni of the Earth, as he has mastered the Ground Type Pokemon to the fullest."

Ash grits his teeth and sends out Slowbro, using the Surf, it manages to knock out the Golem. Giovanni looks at his first Pokemon being down, he says, "This should have been expected."