Chapter 30 Dragon's Duel

The next day, Misty and Tracy decide to follow Ash, Alice, and Brock as they are heading to Mulberry City. Alice is a little annoyed since she wants to have her alone time with Ash, but it seems impossible since they were here.

When they reach Mulberry Town, they notice some police officers rushing around the area, and it causes confusion to the group.

"Excuse me, can you tell me what is going on here?" Ash asks Officer Jenny, who recognizes him as Ash Ketchum, the Champion of Alola and Galar. She says, "There is a Ditto that is causing havoc in this city, we are trying to capture it before it does more harm."

"A Ditto? I remember that it is a Pokemon who can change into other Pokemon like Mew, right?" Alice asks Brock, and he says, "Indeed, if it can cause them trouble, then something is really fishy about this."

Ash says, "I suggest that we all go look for the Ditto as well."

As the three of them leave, Misty turns to Tracy and she says, "Wow, Brock is not flirting with Officer Jenny...maybe he really takes it seriously after Ash gives him a scolding."

Tracy says, "Yeah, you don't see it really often. But we should help them find Ditto as well."

As they search anywhere, they manage to find Ditto, but it was able to slip away from them with the help of disguising. For example, when Ash and Pikachu find the Ditto, it changes into Rattata and then goes down the sewers, Ash says, "Wait, I don't see any Rattata here...how was it able to transform into it and get away?"

Alice and Eevee are also finding the Ditto, as they see it changing into Pidgeot and flying away from them. "What the...I don't think that is a normal Ditto..."

Brock, Misty, and Tracy are doing the same thing as they miss their chances of finding the Ditto, after they gather again, Ash says, "I think that something is wrong with that Ditto...how does it able to Transform into Pokemon without seeing one in the process?"

"Maybe there is something wrong with the Ditto." Misty says, and much to their surprise, they see the Ditto just passing by and it quickly transforms into Dodrio, trying to run as fast as it can.

"There you are, you are not going to escape this time!" Just then, they see a girl standing in front of the Pokemon, besides her is a Dragonite and she says, "Dragonite, please calm down the Ditto."

The Dragon Pokemon roars and it hugs the Ditto, causing it to calm down a little. The girl takes out the Pokeball and recalls the Ditto, sighing, "It really is a bad thing to keep it outside of the Pokeball..."

"Excuse me, is that Ditto yours?" Ash asks, and the girl turns towards them and she asks, "Who are you guys?"

Before they can answer, Officer Jenny and the others come and Officer Jenny says, "Ms. Tiamat, we are sorry that we weren't able to catch that Ditto..."

"Don't worry, I already caught it and right now it is with me." The girl named Tiamat says.

After the officers leave, the girl sees Ash and says, "Now I think I know who you are. You must be Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, am I correct?"

"That's me...but how do you know me?" Ash asks in confusion.

"My teacher, Lance, always told me about a boy who was capable of stopping evil teams." Tiamat says, "My name is Tiamat, and I am the Gym Leader of this Mulberry City."

"Wait, you are the Gym Leader?" Alice asks, and the group decides to introduce themselves. After that, they decide to go to the gym so they can talk about the stuff.

"So what is that Ditto? How is he capable of transforming into any Pokemon it wants?" Ash asks, and Tiamat says, "This Ditto was an experiment from an evil scientist, it was being injected with a serum that has a lot of Pokemon's DNA. Lance saved this Pokemon and he wanted me to take care of him...but no matter how many times I try, it refuses to listen to me and when I send it out, it always goes on a rampage."