Chapter 17: Helping an old friend

After what happened in Celadon City, the two of them are now getting closer than usual, and now they are on the road as they are passing a nearby ocean. They see a lot of Tentacool and Tentacruel nearby. Alice asks, "Why is there a lot of Tentacool and Tentacruel? Somehow I feel like something is very awful here..."

"Don't worry, they are not going to harm you if I am here." Ash says. "I must say that they are just come out and hunt for some prey. Just like nature."

"If you say so..." Alice sighs as they walk towards the river, and they see a Tentacruel swimming towards them, it raises a tentacle as it wants to shake hands with Alice, but Alice asks, "Is it poisonous?"

Ash says, "Usually they are. But I can tell that this Tentacruel wants to be friends with you."

"Is that true?" Alice asks the Tentacruel, who nods back, and then she shakes hands and she sighs in relief. "Usually the tentacles on Tentacruel are poisonous, as they are extended to ensnare and immobilize prey. But I think it is not going to do that to us." Ash says with a smile.

"That's a relief." Alice sighs. Then she asks, "Though I wonder how many tentacles there are in its body?"

"Well, according to the Pokedex, there are a total of 80 tentacles." Ash says, "That sure is a lot." They decide to send out Water Type Pokemon to play with the Tentacruel, there are Blastoise, Golduck, and Poliwrath. But the other Pokemon notice them as they treat them as prey as they start to attack. But with the help of the Tentacruel, the others immediately calm down.

"From the looks of it, you must be the leader?" Ash asks the Pokemon, who nods back and he calls one Tentacruel, telling him how to lead a team and then he decides to join Ash's group.

"Really? You want to come with us?" Ash asks and the Pokemon nods, then he takes out the Pokeball and immediately captures the Tentacruel. Ash says, "But you know, this is the first time I see a friendly Tentacruel."

"Yeah, maybe we really are special after all." Alice says as they laugh, they then decide to recall their Water Type Pokemon and they leave the sea area to capture some more Pokemon.

"So what should we capture next?" Alice asks as Ash is checking his Pokedex. Ash says, "Well, I think we haven't caught a Golem yet. So I was thinking of finding a cave to capture a wild Golem?"

"I don't think it is that easy..." Alice says with a sweat drop.

"Yeah." Ash sighs, then they manage to find a nearby cave and they head inside. After finding a lot of Zubats and Digletts, they finally find a Pokemon that looks just like a rock. "Well, I think we find a Geodude."

"So should we capture it and train it into a Golem?" Alice asks.

"Of course." Ash says, "But first." He sends out Victreebel, and much to his surprise, it tries to bite Ash, but Ash manages to call her to stop it, then it uses Razor Leaf and it hits the Geodude.

"Ash? What are you thinking? You could have one shot the Pokemon." Alice says in horror.

"Don't worry, this Pokemon has the ability known as Sturdy. It won't be knocked out that easily." Ash says as he takes out the Pokeball, capturing the Pokemon in the end.

"Now we just need to train him until it evolves into Graveler." Ash says as he sends the Pokemon back out, at first the Geodude is angry that the trainer just caught him without letting him fight back, but after hearing that he is helping him to evolve, he agrees to train.

With the help of Arcanine, Pidgeot, and Venomoth, they manage to train Geodude with a lot of moves, eventually, it is able to learn Bulldoze and Smack Down. In the end, it manages to glow white, much to the delight of everyone, and it has become a Graveler.