Chapter 4 Pewter Gym

The next day, Ash and Alice bid farewell to Goh and Chole, who are going to capture some new Pokemon. Ash and Alice are now in the Viridian Forest, Ash and Alice are talking about the place.

"So you said you capture your Butterfree and Pidgeot in this place?" Alice asks.

"Yeah." Ash says. "It is a great memory."

Just then, they see a Raticate gnawing on the tree, Ash says, "Alice, do you want to capture that Raticate?"

"You mean...I capture it?" Alice asks. "But it looks very high leveled, I don't think my Eevee can do it..." Eevee also shivers at the thought of capturing the big Pokemon.

"Did you forget that we share Pokemon? You can use one of my Pokemon." Ash says with a smile.

Alice says sheepishly, "I totally forgot. Thanks, Ash." Then she calls out the normal-colored Butterfree, who agrees to battle with her.

"Use String Shot to bind it." Butterfree binds the Raticate, but it uses Hyper Fang to break free, then it charges at Butterfree with a Take Down.

"Butterfree, stop him using Psychic." Butterfree glows and then Raticate is stuck in the air and then it strikes back down. "Finish it with Air Cutter."

Butterfree creates winds and then it slashes at Raticate, causing it to struggle the pain. Alice uses the chance to throw a Pokeball, three shakes, and then it is captured.

"I caught a Raticate." Alice cheers as Ash smiles at her. "You did a good job, Alice."

"Thanks, Ash." Alice says as she takes the Pokeball, sending the Raticate out, and gives him an Oran Berry to recover its health. Once it is done, they recall the Pokemon and move forward.

As they continue forward, they notice a lot of Kakuna on the tree, Ash pales and Alice asks, "What's wrong? Ash?"

"Alice, you have no idea how many times I have been chased by a Swarm of Beedrill. And right now I think we are at its nest." Ash says, Alice also pales and she asks, "What are we going to do?"

Just then, they see the Kakuna start to glow and they are evolving, once they all become Beedrill, they are charging Twineedle at both Ash and Alice. Ash says, "Beedrill, please stop, we don't mean any harm. We are sorry that we trespass your nest, but we need to go to the next city."

Just then, the Beedrill flies backward as one, who seems to be the leader, moves forward, he says, "You are just a human, yet you know our language. Very well, if you manage to defeat me, we will treat it like it has never happened before."

Ash and Alice nod as Ash sends out his Charizard to battle the Beedrill. Of course, Charizard has to give Ash the usual Flamethrower. Ash gets back up and says, "Charizard, our opponent is a Beedrill. Use your Fire Punch."

Charizard charges at the Beedrill, but it uses Agility to dodge it. Beedrill goes for the Twineedle, and Charizard gets hit and is poisoned.

"Charizard, hang in there. Use Fire Spin on yourself." Charizard does it, causing the Beedrill who tries to use Rage to get hurt by the flames. "Now use your Dragon Claw."

Charizard winces with the poison and slashes the Beedrill, causing it to get knocked out on the floor. The other Beedrill see how their leader is defeated, and they try to avenge it, but the Beedrill stops them. "I lost, and we have a deal. Now leave this group alone."

The other Beedrill can only nod as they fly off. But the Beedrill stays and he says, "You are a formidable trainer, maybe if I join your group, I can be stronger as well."

"Sure, we are glad to have you on our team." Ash says as he captures the Pokemon. Alice says, "That goes pretty well..."

"Yeah, I thought that we are going to get injured again." Ash laughs as they quickly get out of the forest.