Chapter 15 Trade Evolutions

After staying at Reina's place for a night, the couple bid farewell to the Dark Type Gym Leader as they are heading to Route 8, Alice asks, "So where are we going next? Ash?"

Ash says, "I decide to go to the Celadon City first, although I can challenge the Saffron City, but trust me, Sabrina is a strong trainer and I don't think I can beat her right now."

"Really? How strong is she? Are you afraid of her that much?" Alice asks in confusion. Ash sighs, "Believe me, it took me three tries to beat her in the one on one Gym Battle, and the reason I got the badge is not that I won against her Pokemon, but because I gave her a Pokemon that causes her to become positive."

"But now you have already become the World Champion and a Regional Champion, why are you still worried about it?" Alice asks.

Ash decides to tell her the story of how Sabrina was cold and was able to turn them into dolls, and how Brock and Misty have been victims until the final battle. At first, Alice thinks that Ash is joking, but due to the seriousness, she can tell why Ash doesn't want to go there yet, and maybe she might turn into a doll as well. So Alice decides to say, "Then it sure sounds hard. How about we capture some new Pokemon so that we can train ourselves a little?"

"That sounds great." Ash says as they go to the grass to find some Pokemon.

Once they go to the grass, they notice two Pokemon fighting against each other. One is using his arms, trying to use the Karate Chop on the opposing Pokemon, while the other one is using the Psychic Powers to dodge the attack and uses the Psychic to stop the Pokemon.

"Is that a Kadabra and a Machoke? Those sure are strong Pokemon..." Alice says in surprise.

"I won't doubt their strength, since I know how strong they are." Ash says with a smile. "But you know, it sure is rare to see the two of them together in the wild, and the fact that those two are fighting against each other is quite odd..."

"Odd? I don't think it is very odd to me..." Alice says with a shrug, "You know, both of them get equal power...but due to the Type effectiveness, I say that Kadabra is going to win this."

"But still, Kadabra has weak defenses. And that Payback sure must be hurt..." Ash winces after seeing how Kadabra is wincing in pain after getting hit by the Dark Type move. "But you know, once the two of them evolve into Alakazam and Machamp, one can achieve the Mega Evolution and one can achieve the Gigantamax."

"Really?" Alice says, and their talking catches the two's attention. Kadabra and Machoke walk over to the two trainers and Kadabra asks, "Do you know how to evolve us?"

Ash and Alice are surprised at the sudden question. Ash asks, "Why are you asking this?"

"Wait, you know what we are saying?" Kadabra asks in surprise. Ash says, "Both of us have the powers of Aura, so we can know what you are saying. So let me ask again, why are you asking this?"

Machoke says, "As you can see, we have been training together when we are Abra and Machop, but after we evolve into Kadabra and Machoke, we have been trying to evolve ourselves into Alakazam and Machamp like our friends, but no matter how hard we train, we still can't evolve ourselves into our final form. Do you know what we did wrong?"

Ash and Alice look at each other, and Ash says, "Well...at first I also thought that you evolve just by training and nurturing, but if that is not how you evolve...then..."

Alice asks, "How about we look at our Pokedexes to find out the truth?"

Ash nods as he calls out his Rotom Phone and Alice does the same. Ash types the Machamp and says, "It evolves from Machoke when traded. Using its heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victim clear over the horizon."