Chapter 10: Porta Vista

As the two of them arrive at Porta Vista, all they can see is the beach and the small cities. Alice looks at the map and says, "So this place is divided into two cities...one is Acapulco, which is famous for its annual Beauty Contest."

"I remember the last time I went here, my mother won the cup." Ash says. "But it is quite different because of the fact that Team Rocket tried to ruin the contest back then."

"I never knew about that..." Alice mutters. "Not only that but there is also a city known as Hutber Port. Apparently, there is a famous hotel five years ago. It is built eco-friendly so that the Tentacools and Tentacruel won't be worrying about their habitats getting destroyed."

"Surely, I don't want to remember the last time, how one of the Totem Tentacruel tried to destroy this place..."

"You seem to have some crazy adventures, Ash." Alice says with a smile.

"Yeah." Ash says as they head to the beach, they see a lot of people gathering around the beach, they decide to check it out, and they see a girl riding a water ski with the Pidgeot pulling the rope. The girl manages to do a lot of tricks and they are stunned by the way they look.

"That was really amazing..." Ash says in awe at the sight of the performance, Alice says, "You are right..."

After the girl lands back at the shore, she waves at the crowd and says, "Thank you for watching my performance. I hope we can meet again." After the crowd disperses, the girl notices Ash and Alice and she says, "Are you two also fans of mine?"

Ash says, "Well, we are just heading towards the Gym until we saw the performance, that was quite great."

"Why thank you." The girl says, "So you are here to find the gym, that shouldn't be a problem. I should introduce myself, I am Glinda, and as you can see, I like to do some ski performances here."

"Wait, you are the Glinda? That one that won a lot of cups of skiing?" Alice asks in surprise and Ash has the same expression.

"Why yes." Glinda smiles, "And as you can see, I am also the gym leader of this place, I recently got the job thanks to Mr. Goodshow. By the way, I haven't learned your names."

"I am Ash, and this is my partner Pikachu." Ash says. "And I am Alice, and this is my partner Eevee." Alice says. Both Pokemon also greet the trainer and Glinda says, "No wonder you look familiar to me, Ash Ketchum, the Galar and Alola Champion, right?"

"Well, yeah..." Ash says. "You see, I got a challenge from Mr. Goodshow as I want to be a Pokemon Master, so I have to challenge the 16 gyms in Kanto."

"I see, then follow me, I'll show you my gym." Glinda says.

As they follow her, they are now inside the hotel and they take the elevator as they reach the top floor. The gym logo is there as the battlefield has a great view to look at the beautiful ocean and the beach.

"This sure is so high..." Ash mutters. "So I guess this is a Flying Type Gym?"

"That's correct." Glinda says as she stands at the other side of the battlefield, and a referee comes and he says, "The match between the Gym Leader Glinda and the Challenger Ash Ketchum is about to begin, each trainer will be using 3 Pokemon, and when one lost all the Pokemon, the other one wins."

Glinda says, "So let me show you my first Pokemon, let's go, Farfetch'd!" As the Pokemon appears on the field, it starts to show off by spinning the leek.

"A Farfetch'd...then I am going to use you, Wigglytuff." As the Pokemon appears, Wigglytuff jumps up and down before showing a serious face.

"Let the battle begin." The referee says as Ash says, "Wigglytuff, let's try to make it sleep with the Sing attack!"