Chapter 16: Celadon Gym Battle

Once they arrived at Celadon City, Ash and Alice are looking around and Alice says, "Wow, this city sure is big...I mean there is a Department Store, a Game Corner, and there is even a giant mansion over there."

"I know. Celadon City sure is a big city, but the Game Corner was, in fact, the past hideout for Team Rocket." Ash says, much to her surprise. "How did they use the Game Corner to become their hideout? That isn't nice."

"I know." Ash says as he notices the perfume shop, he frowns a little and Alice notices it, "Ash? What's wrong?"

"I remember the last time I went there, things aren't in a good way." Ash frowns a little, and Pikachu understands what he is saying. But Ash glares at him and says, "And I am still angry about you because of that."

"What is that about?" Alice asks. "You have never been angry at Pikachu, why this time?"

"You see...when we come to this perfume shop, I mean...their smells are one of the best as my Mom sometimes buys perfumes here. But the last time I came here with Brock and Misty, I kind of disliked them."

"Why is that? You did say that their smells are the best." Alice asks in confusion.

"At that time, I was immature and I wanted to quickly beat Gary at his own game by having my fifth badge...but Misty and Brock refused to leave, and Brock is just acting weird because this store is full of girls. I've never seen Brock like that before, he suddenly becomes like a zombie and it scares me."

"A zombie? You mean Brock acts like a zombie just because of this place?" Alice feels a little terrified. "I know that he is a lover boy who likes to flirt, but isn't that a little too much?"

"Yeah...so I wanted to provoke him by telling him that the perfumes might cause him to be like that, but in the end, I was banned from entering both the store and the gym." Ash says.

"Wait, seriously?" Alice asks. "If you are banned, then why are you in this store?"

"Because something happened that I was able to get full access to the gym again." Ash smiles a little and he takes a perfume, "This one is not so bad. My mother used to purchase this one, it is made of berries and it smells good."

Alice tries it out and she smiles, "You are right, this perfume sure is special. I think I want to buy it myself as well."

After purchasing the perfumes, Ash notices that the workers have changed. But then again, the last time he challenged this gym is about a lot of years ago, and he recently came with Goh and Chloe for the flower arrangement class, so it wouldn't be surprising that Erika has changed the workers.

Once they finished purchasing the perfumes, Alice says, "Ash, you haven't told me what happened when you last come here..."

Ash says, "Well, to me, it is embarrassing...I really don't want to talk about it."

"Not to me? I am really hurt..." Alice gives a fake pout, and Ash says, "I am sorry, Alice. But after hearing this, I might break your heart as well."

This causes her to be surprised, "How would it break my heart after you say it? It should be that you broke my heart for not saying it."

Ash is now panicking at the tone Alice gives her, and now they are at the Celadon Gym, they hear a voice, "Well if it isn't Ashley huh?"

Ash flinches as he notices Erika and his group of ladies standing there. Ash acts cool and says, "Ms. Erika, it sure has been a while."

"Likewise, who knows that you have been challenging the Gyms again after you become quite famous around. So you aren't going to disguise yourself as a girl again?" Erika teases as Ash blushes, "Not in front of my girlfriend..."