Chapter 26: Princess Festival Gym Battle

The next day, the Princess Festival is held and they can see a lot of dolls on display, Alice says, "Wow, look at those dolls, they are so pretty."

"I know, but to me, they are not as pretty as you are." Ash says in a flirty tone, and Alice smirks, "Are you flattering me? That won't let you escape from going shopping with me."

"So that was what Brock told you last night, huh?" Ash says, "Ignore him, what he said about me in the past is not going to stay."

Alice says, "And besides, my arm was just recovered and I will need you to carry some of my bags as well." Alice says.

Behind them, Terry, Leaf, and Brock are watching them as Terry asks, "Is Ash this sweet to Alice since they are together?"

Brock says with a sigh, "They are, exactly."

Leaf notices that Brock is holding a pen and a notebook and she asks, "What are you doing, Brock?"

"I was just taking notes from Ash, so I can find a girlfriend of my own." Brock says.

"Okay, I am not going to know what you write in it." Leaf says, "Terry, how about we walk together, I want to see the stands over there."

"Sorry, Brock. But I have to go with Leaf." After Terry leaves with Leaf, Brock is in anime tears as he mutters, "Am I the only one who couldn't get a girlfriend..."

As Ash and Alice are walking around, they notice a stage in front of them and they are surprised to see a man singing with a woman, and the man is no other than the Neon Town Gym Leader Solati.

"Hey, what is Mr. Solati doing here?" Ash asks, and Alice replies, "I am not sure, but it seems like he is having a performance with the girl."

After the show is over, the two of them decide to greet them, and Solati says, "Ash, Alice. It sure is nice to see you again."

"Likewise, are you here for a singing performance?" Ash asks, and Solati says, "Well, we are visiting the Princess Festival. This is my wife Doremi, Doremi, this is Ash and Alice. Ash defeated me in my gym a few days ago. He is a strong trainer."

"I see. It is nice to meet you." Doremi says with a smile, and Alice says, "So are you a vocal teacher just like Mr. Solati?"

"You can say so." Doremi says, "And I also help out his choir with the occasions for performances. Since you manage to defeat my husband, how about I have a gym battle with you?"

"So you are the gym leader of this town?" Ash asks, "And I will like to battle you."

Doremi claps and says, "That will be great." Then she takes Ash to the stage and she says, "As you can see, the officials of the Pokemon League has offered to have a building for a gym, but I refused, as this stage makes a perfect gym."

"That sure is something new." Ash says. "What are the rules?"

Doremi says, "Like my husband, I will like to do four-on-four double battles."

At the same time, Brock manages to find Alice and says, "There you are...Mr. Solati? What are you doing here?"

"It is nice to see you as well, Brock. I am here to see my wife, that's all." Solati says as they see the gym match is about to begin.

Doremi sends out two Pokemon, there are Clefable and Wigglytuff. Ash says, "Weezing, Arbok. I choose you."

As both Pokemon appear on the field, Doremi says, "I see, you are going to use Poison Type Pokemon... You know, you can have your first move."

"Thank you." Ash says. "Arbok, let's start with Poison Tail. Weezing, you use Sludge."

Both Pokemon fire their attacks at Clefable and Wigglytuff, but Doremi says, "Jigglypuff, stop the Arbok using Hyper Voice, and Clefable, use Moonblast to negate the Sludge!"