Chapter 29 Back to Pallet

Ash, Alice and Brock are now arriving at Pallet Town, they decide to go to the house to see if Delia is home or not. Ash yells, "Mom! I'm back!"

After that, Delia opens the door and she smiles at them, "Welcome back, Ash, Alice, and Brock. How are you doing?"

"It is great." Ash says, "I got fourteen badges, I only need two more to enter the League and battle the Elite 4."

Delia smiles, "That is great. You have really done a good job, and by the way, you also have visitors who have been waiting for your arrival."

This causes them to be confused, but it turns out that Misty and Tracy are also in the house, Ash says, "Misty? Tracy? It's so great to see you again! What are you doing here?"

"Can't we see our old friend?" Misty says as Pikachu gives her a nuzzle. "We heard from Professor Oak that you are coming back to Pallet Town, so we might as well give you a surprise welcome." Tracy says.

"That's very nice of you guys." Alice says with a smile. Misty notices her arm which has a little scar on it and she asks, "What happened to your arm? Did Ash hurt you?"

"How dare you say that I would hurt Alice!" Ash says in anger, "She fell off the bike and I had to quickly take her to Fuchsia City for treatment."

"Oh, is that so." Misty says with shock, Brock says, "It is also why I was traveling with them as well, I am training to be a doctor and I could help to check her injury to make sure she is fine."

"I see." Tracy says, "By the way, Ash. After lunch, how about we go find Professor Oak? He will be delighted to see you again."

"Okay." Ash says with a smile as they decide to have lunch first, during lunch, they talk about their journeys and they also mention the time when Brock and Ash got into a fight.

Misty says, "I thought you were oblivious about the time when Brock is flirting with the others, I mean...I never thought that you would threaten your friendship with Brock with his behavior..."

Ash rolls his eyes and says, "Don't you remember the times when I was forced to do anything just because Brock wants to please a girl? They are really humiliating and I still blame Brock for it."

Brock lowers his head in shame and Ash sighs, "But I am glad that Brock promises not to do such a thing again."

The others also smile at the sight as they continue talking, once they are done, they go to Professor Oak's Lab and they find Professor Oak taking care of the Pokemon in the backyard.

"Professor Oak!" Ash says as the man turns around. "Oh, Ash. It is nice to see you again."

But just as Ash is about to greet Professor Oak, suddenly, 30 Tauros start rushing at him, Alice yells, "Ash! Watch out!"

Ash notices the Tauros and he quickly shields himself with aura. The Tauros also stop and they nuzzle at Ash. Ash laughs and says, "It is so good to see you again."

Alice is confused and Misty says, "They are all Ash's Tauros, all 30 of them."

"Ash has 30 Tauros? How did he do that?" Alice asks.

Ash walks towards her with the 30 Tauros, and he says, "That is a funny story, actually. I went to the Safari Zone and I used up all 30 Safari Balls to capture the Tauros. The rule in the Safari Zone is that we can't use Pokemon to battle the Pokemon inside, and when I tried to capture other Pokemon, a Tauros would run past and the ball captures it instead."

"Wow..." Alice says, and when Ash introduces Alice to the Tauros, they all give her a nuzzle and she laughs as she feels tickled.

After getting Alice out from Tauros, they go greet Professor Oak, Professor Oak is delighted that Ash has five ribbons and also 14 badges. Then he also shows Ash and Alice the two Pokemon that want to join their team, an Electabuzz, and a Magmar.