Chapter 11: Team Rocket Again?

After the stay at the hotel for a night, Ash and Alice decide to move on to Vermilion City as they bid farewell to the Gym Leader Glinda. While on their way to Vermilion City, Ash and Alice are walking on the plains until they find a Parasect passing by. Ash says, "Alice, do you know about the Pokemon in front of you, Parasect?"

Alice says, "I know it is a Bug and Grass Type Pokemon, what about the Pokemon?" Ash says, "You know, it is actually a horror for this Pokemon, you see, the main host of this Pokemon is actually the mushroom itself, as for the bug underneath...let's just say that it becomes a host..."

"Ash, did you make that up?" Alice says, feeling a little terrified at the thought.

"Nope...this is what the Pokedex says." Ash says as he shows her the phone. "But these Pokemon have spores that can provide medicine, which is also a good thing in this place."

"Is that so?" Alice says, "Now that you make it less scarier, how about we capture this Pokemon?"

Ash looks at the Parasect and then he takes out the Fearow, telling him to use Drill Peck on the Pokemon, but the Parasect rebels by using Spore, causing Fearow to fall asleep.

"Spores also make the Pokemon fall asleep, which is why it is hard to capture..." Ash mutters. Then after Parasect attacks the Fearow for a while, Fearow wakes up and uses Crush Claw, defeating it and letting Ash capture the Pokemon.

"Now that's how we get it." Ash says as he turns to Alice, who is looking at the Pokedex, she mutters, "This is so wrong for the Parasect..."

"Alice, don't worry about what the Pokedex says, I know for sure that some of the entries are only assumptions of the Professors."

"If you say so." Alice says as they continue to move on the road, but Alice gets a little terrified after seeing the dead Parasect on the road without a mushroom. Ash gives her a hug and says, "Alice, it's fine, Pokemon are mysterious creatures and it is just nature. We don't need to keep that in mind."

"But..." Alice says, "That Parasect..."

"Pokemon will also die in old age, just think like that and you're be able to get used to it." Alice nods, and they quickly go away.

While on the way, they see a Venonat hiding in the tree, it starts to glow as it evolves into a Venomoth. "You know, I remember that Tracy used a Venomoth back at the Pallet Town Gym, right?"

"Of course, this Pokemon is not only a Bug Type, but also a Poison Type. But there is something that intrigues me." Ash says.

"And what is it?" Alice asks in confusion, and Ash says, "Did you notice the eyes of the Venonat looking different from Venomoth?"

"Well, Venonat has red eyes, while Venomoth has black eyes." Alice says. Ash says, "And if you think of it, Caterpie and Metapod have black eyes and Butterfree has Red eyes. Don't you think that maybe Butterfree and Venomoth should switch their appearances?"

"Come to think of it, I think you were right. But I wonder why it becomes like this...it isn't like Escavalier and Accelgor that they change because of trade..."

"Maybe Pokemon are mysterious." Ash says, "Or maybe I should ask Mew about it once we arrive at the Pokemon Center."

Alice decides to do the honors to catch this Bug Type Pokemon. She uses Charizard to help out. Venomoth flies out of his hiding spot and uses Stun Spore, but Charizard dodges and uses the Wing Attack, but the Disable is able to prevent the attack from using again.

"Disable sure is a problem." Ash mutters. Then Alice tells Charizard to use Flamethrower, and it hits Venomoth, and Venomoth is slammed into the tree. But it gets back up again and uses Confusion, but the Dragon Tail sends it back again and this time Venomoth is unable to battle.