Chapter 24 Saffron City Gym Battle

When Ash, Alice, and Brock arrive at Saffron City, Ash says, "So now it is the day..."

"Yeah, you are going to face Sabrina again." Alice asks, "Are you nervous?"

"Of course I am..." Ash says. "I mean, I know she becomes good, but still..."

Brock says, "This time we are going to cheer you on no matter what, so you just need to focus on your gym battle."

Ash nods, and then they hear Nurse Joy calling him, and he is confused as he walks towards the counter.

"Nurse Joy? What's the matter?" Ash asks in confusion, and Nurse Joy says, "As you can see, I have a package that has your name on it."

Ash is confused as he gets the package, but just as he opens it, there are two Pokeballs that come out of the place. "Two Pokeballs? And a letter? What is this about?"

Ash says, "I don't know, but it says that the letter is going to be given to the dojo master in the fighting dojo..."

Brock asks, "I know that the fighting dojo here is famous, but who would want you to do his work?"

Ash is looking for the signature, only to find nothing, and they don't dare to open the letter for fear that it might ruin whoever wants them to send the letter.

As they go to the Fighting Dojo, they meet what seems to be the Dojo Master. After giving the letter to him, he reads it and says, "So it is from Sir Adam of the Rota Kingdom. What a surprise."

"What? Sir Adam?" Ash asks. "Why would he wants me to give this letter to you?"

"He must have his own reasons." The Dojo master says, "The letter said that has given two Pokeballs, do you have them?"

Ash gives the objects to him, and he goes into the backroom and then they wait for a few seconds. After time has passed, the Dojo Master comes out with two Pokeballs and says, "They are now your Pokemon."

"My Pokemon?" Ash is surprised as he opens it, and a Hitmonlee and a Hitmonchan appear out of the Pokeball. "Wow...those two are really strong Pokemon."

"Yeah." Alice says. "But is there a reason why Sir Adam wants you to give Ash those two Pokemon?"

The Dojo Master says, "Let's say that Ash reminds him of his own son who he doesn't have the nerve to face him."

"Wait, Sir Adam has a son? How come he never talked to me about it?" Ash asks in confusion. Dojo Master says, "I don't know what happened to his son, but it must be bad news for Sir Adam if he doesn't want to talk about it."

"Okay..." Ash says as they bid the Dojo Master farewell, and Brock asks, "Who is this Sir Adam?"

"He is the head of my mom's royal guard, he has been my teacher for aura wielding."

"I see." Brock says. "Sounds like he is a nice person."

Now they are inside the Saffron Gym, and they are surprised by an invisible face in front of them, but it reveals to be a Haunter, and it is laughing.

"Oh, hello to you again, Haunter." Ash greets the Pokemon, who floats back to Sabrina, who greets them causally, "I have been waiting for your arrival, Ash."

"Sabrina, right?" Ash asks, feeling a little nervous, Sabrina smiles and says, "Of course, I know that you are afraid of my darkness, but don't worry, during the years I have been training hard with Haunter by my side, so you don't need to worry about my Psychic Powers."

"I see." Ash says in relief. "I am here for a gym battle, so I hope you are ready."

"Of course I am." Sabrina says as they go to the battlefield, they also meet Sabrina's father, and Ash also greets him.