Chapter 20: Royal Ninja Guards

Ash and the others go to the Contest Hall, as he is the first contestant in the Performance Round. Ash this time uses two Victreebel to perform. As they see how the two Pokemon manages to dance around and even use the Vine Whip to create a lot of shapes, Brock says, "You know, Ash sure is good at doing performances."

Alice says, "I know, right? I am surprised that he is able to think of that tactic. It is so cool and flashy as well in my opinion."

"But how did he get not one but two Victreebel?" Brock asks Alice, "I mean... it lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Not to mention that swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all."

Alice shivers a little and says, "I remember the female Victreebel was once Team Rocket's, but after they release it, we met them a few days ago and they decide to join us."

"That sure sounds like what it will do." Brock says.

Even though Delia is the judge, she doesn't show any signs of holding back when judging Ash's moves, Ash is surprised to hear a lot of comments to improve, but he also manages to get into the battle rounds.

In the battle rounds, Ash is using Rapidash and Dodrio to have a speedy performance against the opponent, and they really coordinate with each other so well that eventually, Ash manages to get the fourth ribbon.

After getting outside and meeting up with Brock and Alice, Delia says to Ash, "You know, Ash. You were so much like me before I was asked to be the judge of the contests. Your performance is much like a natural beginner's. But there are some things you'll have to do or else you won't be able to get further."

Ash nods as he listens to his mother's advice, after it is done, Delia says, "Well, Ash. You know I have some news to tell you as well, and that is about our ninja guards of the Rota Kingdom."

"Ninja guards? What is that?" Ash asks in confusion as well as the others.

Delia smiles and says, "Do you remember Koga? The former Gym Leader of the Fuchsia City?"

"I heard from Brock that he has gone to the Johto to become a member of the Elite 4, what about him?" Ash asks.

"He is one of the royal ninja guards that help protect the Rota Kingdom." Delia says, much to their surprise. Brock asks, "I don't get it, are you guys perhaps related to Queen Ilene?"

"She is Queen Ilene." Alice says as she looks at Delia, causing Brock to get surprised. "What? But..."

Ash says, "I know, my mother disguises herself so that people won't be able to recognize her as she is busy with the Kanto Champion and other duties like raising a family."

He turns to Delia once more and says, "Are you serious about that? About the Ninja Guards?" Ash asks.

Delia smiles, "You see, Adam is not the only main guard in the Rota Kingdom, he is actually one and the leader of all kinds of guards."

"That is awesome." Ash says as they arrive at the Fuchsia City Gym, "I remember this place is like a trick house. I wonder why did they do that..."

"That's because it is made to prevent enemies from stealing anything inside the gym." Aurora says. Brock replies, "I think I understand about that..."

"Yeah." Ash nods as they enter the place, and they see a female ninja bowing in front of them as she says, "Your majesty, I have been waiting for your arrival."

"Hello to you, Janine. It sure is nice to see you again." Delia says. "And you sure are beautiful as always."

"I am glad to hear the words from the queen herself."