Chapter 23: Thunder Encounter

In the next day, Ash and the group bid farewell to Solati and they are now heading to the Power Plant. Brock says, "The Power Plant is a little far away from here, how are you going to get there?"

"Don't worry about it." Ash says. "Professor Cerise have given us the teleportation device so that we can teleport to wherever we want."

Alice says, "And since our next destination is Saffron City, it is the best place to go."

"Wait, you haven't faced the Saffron City Gym yet?" Brock asks with a shivering tone. Alice says, "Ash has told me the story about how you guys were turned into dolls, I was shivering at the fact at first when I heard the story."

"But if I need to beat 16 gyms, I will need to go there and besides, I already have 11 badges, there is nothing to be afraid of, right?"

"That is true." Brock sighs as they teleport themselves to the Power Plant. As they get there, Brock asks, "So what Pokemon are you going to find here?"

"You'll know." Ash says as they enter the factory like place, and then they see multiple giant balls, and when Eevee walks closer to it, it gets shocked and paralyzed."

"Oh, no! Eevee!" Alice yells as she picks the Pokemon up. Ash says, "There they are. Electrode are the Pokemon that we need to capture."

Brock says, "So how are you going to capture them?"

"With this Pokemon of course." Ash says as he sends out Golem, and the two of them use Rollout at each other. "And see how they go..." Alice says.

"Both of them are equal in power, that is for sure." Brock says. But eventually, Electrode is about to use Explosion, and Ash yells, "No you won't. Go Pokeball!" Ash quickly tosses the Pokeball and capture the Pokemon, it shakes for a while and then it breaks out. "Damn it, we missed."

Alice says, "Let me do it." Alice throws another Pokeball, and then it is successfully captured. "Good, I really don't want it to use explosion or else we are going to find another one."

Brock says, "The timing sure is important, and you really are good at the timing, Ash."

"I know, I have been training with it back with Go." Ash says, but then they hear a sound and then they rush out of the power plant, they see that the sky is changing and Brock says, "It seems like it is going to rain."

"Wait, I think it is not the case..." Ash says as they look up in the clouds, they see a yellow bird like Pokemon are flying towards them. "Wait, isn't that the Legendary Pokemon Zapdos?" Brock asks.

"What is it doing here?" Alice asks, "And it seems like it is going towards us..."

Zapdos lands in front of Ash and then it says, "You have finally come, I have been waiting for you."

"You have been waiting for me? Why is that?" Ash asks, and the other two are confused.

"Father told us that you are in a quest of capturing all of us, and since you have been a legend in the Hall of Origins, we three birds have been waiting for you in the respective locations so that you will come."

"Okay..." Ash says, and the other two are shocked at the revelation. "So let me guess, before I capture you, you want a battle? Just like Mew, right?"

The Pokemon nods and Ash says, "Golem, we will need your help again."

Golem is surprised that he is about to fight a Legendary Pokemon, but it shows its determination as Zapdos starts off with Drill Peck, but with the rock-hard body, it doesn't seem to be effective.