A Different Perspective

A/N - A nice dose of fluff to balance out the intensity of the last chapter.

I will say right now for everyone though.

I. Will. NEVER. Corrupt Eri.

The innocent unicorn, STAYS innocent, and far away from the madness that's going on in UA, until it's over.

-x-

"Mommy"

Inko Midoriya gasped as she thought she heard her son calling out to her in distress. Her maternal instincts screaming at her that something was wrong.

All she could do was sigh though, as she sat on a couch at the police station nearest UA, waiting for more information on the recent lockdown.

"Please be safe baby..." she mumbled quietly as more tears gathered at the corners of her eyes.

SCREEEE!

She quickly looked up at the sound of metal chairs scraping across the floor, to see the officers and pro-heroes, all backing away from her as if she were a bomb about to go off.

She then gave a bashful smile as she saw someone with a bucket and mop, peek around the corner while trembling in fear.

She couldn't blame them. She had already flooded the place with tears when they first brought her in to explain the situation.

"It's alright, I'm good for now" she assured them weakly and they took a moment before deciding to believe her. They all sighed in relief as they went back to their desks.

Inko's face fell though as she looked over at the nearby TV and the news channel that was reporting on the situation.

Nezu was being tight lipped about the situation, claiming he was too busy insuring the safety of the students. A statement that should have invoked feelings of safety and reassurance.

Inko had a hard time believing it though. Her precious Izuku had already been hurt too many times while under UA's protection for her liking. And if Nezu was so busy, then just what was happening inside to keep him busy.

Nezu had claimed that everyone was ok and he was merely taking steps to keep it that way, but Inko couldn't help the doubt the creeped in.

Detective Tsukauchi then walked up to her with a glass of water for the, probably dehydrated, mother.

"Thank you detective..." Inko muttered quietly as she accepted the glass with a weak smile.

Tsukauchi gave her a smile as he stood there.

"It's no trouble Mrs. Midoriya" he said before looking to the news reports.

"Nezu finally had the chance to give us an update by the way. Apparently one of the students had an issue with their quirk and that's why the school is under quarantine" he explained and Inko's gaze fixed on him.

"That's it!?...but then how bad is it and how did this happen?" she asked in disbelief that it could be something so mundane. Quirk related incidents were more commonly experienced in kindergarten and such, when people were still learning how to control them.

Tsukauchi gave an exasperated sigh and shook his head in response.

"I can't disclose all the details yet and Nezu doesn't want to give away too much unless it's in-person, but the gist of it, is that one of the student's doctors falsified information about their quirk, which lead to this situation" he explained as much as he could.

Inko's face filled with disbelief and disgust at the information.

"What! What kind of doctor would do that!?" she exclaimed but grimaced as they heard a tiny whimper and looked down to see Eri stirring slightly, before falling back to sleep in Inko's lap, causing her to sigh in relief.