Chapter 128

Tinkering room

*Metal tools shuffling*

Izumi: So, what are you looking for?

Flora: Wait, *rustling* just *more rustling* a moment-Found them. *Places the items on the table*

Izumi: So, these are what I will use?

Flora: Nope, these are what you will be picking from. *On the table was a sword, a long metal stick, two smaller sticks, two brass knuckles, and a flare gun* So, what catches your eye?

Izumi: Uuh, what is the gun for?

Flora: Oh this. *picks it up* Don't worry, this is a flare gun, it's meant to be shot in the air to alert others of your locations.

Izumi: Ok, but won't you be placing something like a real gun instead of a flare gun?

Flora: I don't think it's a good idea to give a newbie a gun, besides earth guns are not useful out here, aliens and creatures out here are built differently so bullets would either bounce off or miss entirely.

Izumi: Uuh, Ok? *She looks at her choices and picks up something*

Flora: Oh, the staff. Interesting choice but not a bad one.

Izumi: *Holding the staff closer to her* It looked interesting.

Flora: Well, it's not a bad pick. It may not look like much but with a good bit of training, it will make you a threat on the battlefield.

Izumi: You really think so?

Flora: The commander doesn't use any powers, everything she did was her raw strength and has mastery over all known weapons she can get her hands on. If she can do it you can too.

Izumi: I see. *Looks at Shade*

Shade: The staff is similar to a spear or my scythe, the only difference is the weight distribution. Boboiboy has his Thunderspear and I have my lunar scythe both weigh a little heavier on one end making it imbalanced and difficult to wield for a beginner but the staff is lighter and perfectly balanced. You will be able to use the staff's reach to your advantage making your enemies stay at a distance while allowing you to attack them from afar.

Izumi: Hmm, right. *She sticks out the staff in front of her* I guess I could give it a shot.

Flora: Let's not do it here, there is a lot of equipment here that I would like to keep intact.

Izumi: R-right.

Shade: To the training room, then.

Training room

Flora: Alright, *summons her own staff* since Aar isn't here, I will train you in staff combat.

Izumi: What about Shade?