~•1•~

▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ
.
"October 24th, 2015

Dear diary, today was such a pretty day! I got this diary from mommy for my 10th birthday! It's in my favorite color too! I also got colored pencails, and they are so pretty! I'm going to draw with them every day! Zyan also made us muffins, but mommy and daddy had to go, so only me and Zyan ate them. But it's okay, we were all together for 2 whole hours! Such a pretty, pretty day! So, nice to meet you, diary, I'm Elio. I hope we will be best friends!"

.
▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ

Present day (2022)

Elio's pov:

A door from my hospital room creaked open and someone turned on the lights, blinding me for a split second.

-"Elio, are you awake?"-A nurse asked.

-"I am now."

-"It's the time for that appointment we talked about. Remember?"

-"Not really..."

-"With that professor. A psychiatrist. You said you'd do it."

-"Oh. I do remember saying something along those lines... Just let me change real quick."

-"Want me to bandage your wrists again? Did it loosen up?"‐ I glanced at my bandaged wrists.

-"No, it's alright. I'll be done in 2 minutes."-She nodded and left me to change. I made myself look somewhat decent, even though I didn't really care what this professor was going to think of me. But I guess I can try to play nice.

The nurse walked me into a room where the professor was waiting. I could see they tried to make the room look cozy, but it was just unsettling to me, just like my own room. In the middle of the room there was a table and two couches that reminded me of that one horror movie I watched a long time ago. But the most unsettling part was the giant mirror on the wall. The professor looked at me and smiled. Quite a pitiful smile. I could tell he felt sorry for me. Everyone here feels that way and they don't even try to hide it.

-"Well, you must be Elio. Nice to meet you, I'm Doctor Williams."

-"Aren't you a professor?"-I asked as I sat down.

-"Well, I'm both. I first worked as a doctor, then I started teaching young future doctors."

-"Hmmm..."

-"How do you like the hospital so far?"

-"I don't like the light in my room."

-"..The light?"

-"Yeah, I don't like yellow lightbulbs, their light is unsettling and it makes me feel nauseous. It makes the whole room look sick."-He chuckled at my response, but I wasn't trying to be funny.

-"I mean, how do you like the hospital service? I'm not sure if you are aware, but this is the most prestigious mental hospital in the country. I'm sure your parents care about you so much."-What a funny statement, but I'm just going to ignore it, I don't really have the energy to discuss this matter with some random man.

-"It's alright, I guess. I've only been here for a week so..."-I don't like this conversation, nor him, to be completely honest. I glanced at the mirror again, looking intensely into it...stop looking at me like I'm some monkey in the zoo...

-"And how do you feel right now?"

-"Is that for you to know, or for the people on the other side of that mirror?"