~•29•~

Elio's pov:
.

-"And then he came up to me and pretended like something was there to mess with me! Like, does he even know it doesn't work like that? I'm not going to hallucinate on demand! Brainless idiot..."-Ophelia exclaimed, full of energy like she always is.

-"And what did you do? Did you tell the professor?"

-"No. I punched him in the face!"-I almost choked on my drink.

-"Did you really?!"

-"Yeah! But he couldn't do shit about it, since everybody heard he was mocking me first. Felt fucking great. You should try punching that guy from your class."

-"Nah, he would probably punch me back. And then Wes would kill him."

-"Ugh, Wes is so hot."

-"Aren't you a lesbian?"

-"I can still acknowledge that he's hot."

-"My point is, I don't need all that drama."

-"But drama is funn..."-I laughed. School has become much more tolerable since Ophelia got here. I mean, we can't be in the same class since she's one year younger, but we have lunch together every day. She was doing much better, her medication seemed to work really well. Even her hair was long enough now for her curls to show.

I saw a girl from Ophelia's class walking up to us. Ophelia always gets nervous around her, and her face flushes completely. She denies she has a crush on her, but it's painfully obvious.

-"Hey, Ophelia! Sorry to disturb you guys, I just wanted to return your book. Thanks!"-the girl thanked her with a smile.

-"Ah, no worries, haha. You know me, just trying to help, since I forget my books all the time, haha..."-Ophelia answered in an awkward manner.

-"Yeah, same! I'll leave you guys now...oh, and I really like your dress. So pretty!"

-"Oh...t-thanks..."-She left, and I looked at Ophelia's beet-red face and her sparkly eyes.

-"Oh well, that's not the reaction I got when I complimented your dress."-I teased her, grinning.

-"...I don't think I'll ever take it off..."

-"But did you see that? She's into you!"-she shook her head.

-"Nah-uh, no way. I may be schizophrenic, but I'm not that delusional."

-"At least try to get closer to her. You like her, right?"-the bell rang, giving her the chance to escape.

-"Well, unfortunately, I have to go. See you later!"-She said as he kissed the top of my head, satisfied that she didn't have to answer my question.

-"Oh, and, good luck at P.E. You can do it!"-She yelled before running off. Right, I have a P.E. now...

We didn't have P.E. for the last month, since they were fixing something at the gym, so this was my first P.E. class here. I'm not even bad at sports, I have fast reflexes and always did good at my previous school. But in my previous school, you could wear literally anything to the gym. Here, I have to wear a T-shirt, which means my scars will be visible...

I changed in the bathroom, since I didn't want any of those idiots saying that I was 'checking them out' or something. I put on a zip-up hoodie over my t-shirt and decided to ask the gym teacher to wear it during class.

I walked up to him, and I could see he was in a bad mood even before I had a chance to speak.

-"Um, excuse me..."