~•10•~

▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.
"21st december, 2018

Hello diary! Christmas is coming up, and I saw some kids on TV making lists of things they want from Santa. I don't really believe in Santa and I'm probably too old to make such lists, but it looked really fun on TV, so I'm still going to make a short one to share it with you! Keep it safe!

THINGS THAT ELIO WANTS FOR CHRISTMAS FROM SANTA (or anyone else):

• to go to the cinema
• a new book (you can pick which one!)
• for Clara to give birth safely
• mom and dad to come home more often
• no more hitting
• no more hurting
• no more insults
• no more punishments
• love, lots of love

...I think I made a list too long. I'm sorry I'm so greedy, Santa."
.
▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ

.

Wes's pov:

I saw Elio's brother leave the hospital, holding a little girl by her hand. He took out the cigarettes and started smoking while walking back to his car.

-"You shouldn't smoke around kids, you know?"-I said, getting his attention. He looked at me and smirked spitefully.

-"I swear, all you medical workers have that sentence programmed in your heads."

-"Daddy, who is the tall person?"-A girl asked, making me smile.

-"Hello, you must be Freya. I'm Wes, Elio's friend. He told me so much about you."-her eyes sparkled and she smiled at her father.

-"Daddy look! That's Elio's friend!"-He gave her a fake smile, then opened the car door.

-"Freya, can you wait in the car for me please? Daddy is just going to finish this one cigarette and be right back. I'll play some music on the radio, yeah?"

-"Okay! Nice to meet you, tall friend!"-I waved at her and he put her in a child's seat. We moved a few steps from the car.

-"So, mister student, were you waiting for me here? Wanna smoke?"-I was thinking about what approach I should use towards him. I obviously can't mention anything that Elio told me. That's one of the main rules when it comes to therapy, but I still need to do something.

-"No, thank you. I'll be direct. I would appreciate it if you would stop visiting Elio. I feel like your visits have a negative impact on his mental health and only slow down his healing process."-he chuckled a little bit, puffing on his cigarette. I can't tell what this guy is thinking at all.

-"Ah, how charming of you, mister student, telling me not to visit my brother who almost killed himself in our house barely a month ago. Such a good time to abandon him."

-"...I understand what you're trying to say, but I believe that you have to put his health above any personal feelings. Every time he seems to take one step forward with his recovery, he takes two steps backwards the moment he sees you. If you want to see him, it's in your best interest to leave him to recover so he can return home faster."

-"...you're aware that his parents aren't even visiting, aren't you?"-He said as he glanced at his car, checking on his daughter.

-"Yes, I'm aware of that fact."

-"So, what then? You want to totally isolate him from his family? From the rest of the world? You want him to live in this little bubble the hospital created until he completely loses his touch with reality? I bet no one from his school visits him either. Am I wrong?"