~•25•~

7 years earlier

Elio's pov: (10 years old)

-"I'm home..."-I said and took off my shoes. I can't go into the house wearing dirty shoes, Zyan would be mad. Should I just go to my room or should I say hello? I don't know if he's in a good mood...

-"Elio! Come here!"-I heard him shout from the living room and rushed there immediately. He was sitting in his chair, watching TV.

-"How was school?"

-"M-my teacher said my drawing was the best in the class..."-I said quietly. He looked in my direction.

-"You don't seem too happy about it."

-"...I was, but then some kids were angry that only I got praised and picked on me."

-"Yeah? And what did you do about it?"

-"Well, I asked them to leave me alone but they didn't, so I messed up their pens at lunchbreak and the ink went all over their hands when they started writing."-Zyan chuckled.

-"That's pretty funny. Good job. And good job for a drawing, you did well. You are a good boy."-He said and patted my head. Yay, he's pleased! He even said good job! And he said it twice! I smiled.

-"Thank you, sir."-I'm so glad he thinks I'm good.

Mom and dad are really busy all the time, so I don't really see them much. Most of my time I spend with Zyan. He took care of me as long as I can remember. We are always alone in the house, so he practically raised me. He only asks me to respect him in return and to be a good boy. And I want to be good, I really do. I'm always trying to be good, but I just have a dirty blood that makes me do bad things.

Zyan told me my mother has dirty blood and that she transferred it to me and now I have to deal with it. It's the worst, it makes me do so many things that good boys should never do. And then Zyan has to hit me for punishment. I hate punishments, they hurt a lot, but that's the only way I can become a good boy again, so I have to endure them.

-"I have a girl coming over soon. You're gonna be a good boy and stay in your room, correct?"-I nodded. In the last few months, Zyan has been bringing lady friends home at night, and I have to stay in my room and hide. They can't know I'm there or they will be mad at Zyan, and then he will be mad at me. My stomach growled. I didn't eat anything but an apple today, and it's 9 pm.

-"What about dinner? You said we're going to have dinner tonight."-He rolled his eyes.

-"Just take a bag of chips or something and eat it in your room."

-"But I'm really hungryyy!"-I shouted without thinking and got slapped in the face.

-"...do you think I'm your fucking mother? I didn't ask for a fucking kid to take care of, you know? You should ask your whore of a mother to feed you if you're so fucking hungry."-I started sniffling, not just because of the pain, but I had been a bad boy again. Stupid Elio. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

-"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...*hic*"-he sighed.

-"Wonderful, all I need now is a crying kid...If I make you noodles, are you going to shut up?"-Noodles! I love them! I quickly nodded. He made the noodles and put them in a bowl for me. They smell so good!

-"Thank you, sir."-I had just started eating when the doorbell rang.

-"Shit, she is already here. Go eat the rest in your room, and be quiet."-I nodded, taking my bowl into the room. I have to turn off the lights in my room when lady friends are over, so they think the room is empty. I turned on my little flashlight and continued eating. I could hear their conversation through the door....Zyan is so nice to his lady friends. Always. I really envy them...