~•30•~

Elio's pov:

I woke up all relaxed and stretched my arms. The bed was comfy, warm, but the room was also heated, perfect for the chilly days in fall. Wes wasn't there, he had an exam today, so he went out early.

I saw the note on the bedside table, written in his neat handwriting. Who would expect that from someone in medicine...I picked it up, still rubbing my eyes.

"I bought you muffins. They're in the kitchen. Make sure to eat before you head out. See you later, little one. Happy birthday♡
P.s. I kissed you goodbye before I headed out, but you didn't notice...a little rude, but I'll forgive you since it's your birthday."

I smiled as I finished reading, now fully awake. I was skipping school today, since it's my birthday, so I slept in a little bit. Well, I need all the energy I can get today, I have so much planned.

I got up, showered, brushed my teeth and did my skincare. I didn't do most of this a year ago, I cared for myself way too little to think about self-care. I scrolled through my phone as I dried my hair, responding to all the birthday messages. I got around 15 messages, most of them from my classmates. I smiled when I saw Noah's little sketch of me with a cake. We became kinda close, since he's also going to study architecture, and I'm really glad to have a friend in my class. Wes was kinda suspicious of him at first, since he knew Noah was in love with me before, but Wes agreed that he is a nice guy after they met.

I got dressed and grabbed my keys, petting Mochi on my way out. I had plans with Wes later, he is going to pick me up. But, before that, I have an important plan of my own.

My hand swung through the air as I stopped the taxi, giving him directions. My mind felt weird, almost blank. I don't know how I feel about my decision or whether it is a good or a bad one. I'm not sure if this will benefit me in any way or just break me even more. But I'll do it. I'm doing it. A chill shot through me as a car stopped.

-"We're here, young man."

-"Ah, thank you, sir..."-I got out and watched the taxi drive away into the distance. Okay...here I go...

I walked inside the giant building surrounded by a tall fence, already feeling incredibly nervous. I stood at the front desk, waiting for someone to notice me, since I wasn't feeling confident enough to ask for help. A lady that worked there looked at me with an almost pitiful smile.

-"Good morning! How can I help you?"

-"Um, I'm Elio Bianco...I'm here to visit my brother, Zyan Bianco."

-"Okay. Just a moment, please..."-she typed something into her computer, most likely searching for his name. I saw her facial expression change, she probably read what he was convicted for and connected the dots. She looked at me, almost disturbed.

-"You sure about this, child?"

-"Yeah..."-She typed some more, then called a guard over.

-"He will escort you to the visiting room. Good luck."

-"T-thank you, ma'am."-I followed the man to the other room that was filled with metal tables. There weren't that many people, I guess it was still a little early. The guard instructed me to sit and wait there. I looked around as I waited for him to return, noticing that the table had some metal thing sticking out on the other side. I guess handcuffs get attached to that...the air was really stuffy, there weren't any windows, just ventilation that didn't look like it was doing that good of a job. My head feels so weird, like all this is a dream, and that I'm going to wake up at any moment.

Suddenly, I heard a creaking sound of the door opening. A guard walked out with Zyan, leading him to my table. He handcuffed him to the metal thing on the table, then left. We looked up at each other. He had a scar under his eye that wasn't there before and looked tired, but still smiled at me.