~•24•~

▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.
"February 2nd, 2022

Everybody calls me a slut, a whore, a prostitute. They call me disgusting, they're telling me to kill myself. I keep getting nudes from random guys, even some older men. I don't even know how they found out, someone must've shared my info. It's all Ian's fault. Why did he lie? I don't get it. He lied for no reason. I get that he was just making fun of me, but did he have to go that far? Why is he like that? I thought we're friends...I guess that's only how I felt.

I'm so fucking lonely."
.
▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.

The next morning:

Elio's pov:

I heard the door close as Zyan left the house, and I immediately jumped out of bed. I was awake for a while now, but I was waiting for him to leave the house. He usually goes out in the morning to run some errands, but I knew I didn't have that much time.

I couldn't really sleep last night, which isn't that surprising, so I spent most of my time thinking about how to get out of here. After I analysed all possible solutions and outcomes, I came to the conclusion that the only way to get out without getting arrested or sent back to the mental hospital is to expose everything he did to me.

But that means that I actually have to convince everyone that I'm telling the truth and Zyan is the one that's lying. And that's fucking hard, because I know no one from my family is going to take my side, and without anyone close to me to back up my story, I'm doomed. I also don't want to involve Wes, that would mean risking his job, or to involve Liam, that guy from my school. He doesn't need that kind of drama in his life. I have to figure out this alone.

And I did. Well, I hope I did. I have a plan. I remember the conversation I had with Delilah, my psychiatrist. She was telling me about this girl that used to be her patient that was abused by her grandparents. Her grandfather was a former police officer and was well respected, so she had a hard time telling anyone about the abuse. In the end, she won her case, and the main thing that was backing up her story was her online journal. She was writing it for around five years, sharing her experience of what's happening in her house. That was the main reason the jury believed her.

Ah...she is so brave...I admire her, I really do. But that wasn't the point of this story. It gave me an idea that I can use my own diary. I mean, it literally has 7 tears of abuse described inside. They can't ignore that, right?

After my attempt, I left it in my closet, under some old books. I was waiting for Zyan to leave the house so I could take it safely. I didn't want him to hear me and ruin my plan. I walked up to the closet, moving some stuff so I could reach the books more easily. All I have to do is grab my diary, and then I can leave right away, before he comes back. I could go straight to the police and tell them everything before he figures out where I...-!

My diary...it's not here...I started looking through all the books, but it wasn't there. Shit, did I leave it somewhere else? But I could've sworn I left it here, I remember so vividly...shit!

I began looking all over my room for it, opening every drawer, looking under my bed, under the carpet, in my school bag. Basically, all the places I could think of. But it wasn't there...shit, did he find it?

Fuck, if he found it, he must be really, really mad at me. I wrote some really bad stuff about him inside, who knows how many times I wrote that I wanted him to die. Fuck!