~•4•~

▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.
"April 11th, 2016.

I can't move. Everything hurts. I think I'm going to die. I can't get up. Why does this hurt so much? It hurts way more than being hit. I can't move. There is still blood on me, but I can't do anything about it. I'm hungry, but I can't eat anything. I think I'm dying."
.
▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ

.

Wes's pov:

I was in Elio's room, watching a movie with him on my laptop. That's the only way he can watch something he wants. He had a TV in his room, but it's not like they were broadcasting anything good on it.

He has really got more comfortable around me these days, he doesn't flinch at my every movement anymore, he speaks his mind more freely and jokes around more comfortably. But for some reason, I would catch myself thinking about him a lot, even when I'm not at work. I thought about that day in the car. I didn't plan to touch him that much that day, I just wanted to tease him a bit, but I almost went for it. Only when I saw his scared face and felt him shaking, I was able to stop myself....that was dangerous. Being around him can be dangerous.

And that hug that day...clinging onto me like a child, looking for comfort inside me. So many thoughts rushed through my head back then. If he could've heard them, he probably wouldn't want to spend time with me anymore. Shit, keeping it professional is really hard sometimes.

I glanced at the little notebook on the floor.

—"What is this?"—I asked and picked it up. Elio tried to snatch it from me immediately, but I raised my hand and he couldn't reach it.

—"Hey, don't look inside, it's emberessing!"—he exclaimed, jumping and trying to reach it. Cute...shit, my mind again.

—"What's inside?"

—"Nothing, it's just my sketchbook, so some drawings and shit."

—"Really? Now I really wanna see."

—"No, don't, you jerk!"—He said, giggling and getting awfully close to me while trying to take it. I decided to put up some fight myself and pushed him back, making him fall onto his bed. He looked at me from the bed, flustered, like he didn't expect it would be so easy to overpower him. But all I was thinking about was how oddly arousing the scene in front of me was. I really have to get myself together...

I shoved that thought away, mentally slapping myself, and opened the notebook. There were a lot of little art projects inside, mostly done with watercolors. It looked so goddamn pretty.

—"Whoa, these are really good."

—"...I have a lot of free time these days. It helps me to not think dark thoughts..."

—"You should join an art class here in the hospital. It's held by this therapist who is really nice. I think it would be very beneficial for you."

—"...I don't know, painting in front of everyone is kinda a lot."

—"Well, think about it. You can even go to one class and, if you don't like it, you don't have to go anymore."

—"....I'll think about it."— suddenly, a nurse walked into the room.

—"Elio, your brother is here to see you."—I didn't know he had a brother. I didn't see any of his family members visit him actually.

—"...tell him I don't feel well."