~•27•~

A month later:

Elio's pov:

-"Elio... wake up, little one...."-I heard Wes's voice between kisses and slowly opened my eyes. 7:02 a.m.

-"...don't wanna..."-I mumbled, covering my head. I could feel Wes getting on top of me and slightly pressing me down with his body weight. I really like that, it feels like I have a weighted blanket on top of me.

-"Baby...you're starting school today, remember?"-He cooed, slipping his hand under the blanket and stroking my hair. Oh, yeah, school....that's today...I guess he could feel how worried I was. I felt him get off the bed and saw him walking towards the kitchen.

I've been staying at Wes's since that night. Zyan had been charged with child abuse, molestation and child pornography and was sentenced to life in prison. Mom called me during that period, apologizing and begging me to come back home, promising she'd do better. I refused, I couldn't stand being in that house. In the end, she accepted my decision and told me she'd send me money whenever I needed it and help me win my case. Dad didn't really try to do anything. I think he was pissed that I ruined his social image. I think the two of them will get a divorce.

Liam also helped me win my case. He managed to give his statement as an anonymous source, so he didn't really get into any trouble. We still text from time to time, we don't have that much in common, but he is a nice guy.

To my surprise, Clara didn't try to cut me out of Freya's life. I guess she is also having a really hard time and needs someone to be there for her and Freya. I we've started getting along a little better.

Wes walked up to me with pancakes, which made me peek through the blanket.

-"...when did you get up to have time to make these?"

-"Around 40 minutes ago. I wanted to do something nice, to calm you down a little. Here, try them."-I started eating as he watched me, dazed. I smirked, putting a piece of pancake on the fork and pushing it into his mouth.

-"Here, eat something, you can't just watch me like some pervert."-He chuckled.

-"Are you nervous?"-he asked.

-"N-no, I'm fine."-He looked at me concerned, gently stroking my cheek.

-"You sure? If something bothers you, I'm here to hear you out, you know."

-"I know. But I'm fine. Really."-I convinced him as I took a last bite of my breakfast and stood up.

I got ready, constantly asking for Wes's opinion on my looks and outfit, but it was useless because he would just tell me I'm cute no matter what I wear. He was also getting ready to go to the hospital. His new patient is this older woman, and they get along well. I also went there with him a few times to visit Ophelia. Her meds are working, so she should be out by the end of the month, and we'll go to the same high school. Marianne also loves it when I visit, and she often visits us in the apartment as well. Everything is turning out so good...

I scratched my arms, feeling the sense of relief. My scars've been itching for the past week or two. It's strange, it's not like they're new or something, they shouldn't be itching. But they do. A lot. And it's been driving me insane. It's not even a normal itching, it's almost like I feel the voice in the back of my head constantly reminding me to scratch them. I'm such a child, I always find something to complain about. I live with Wes, Zyan is in jail, I get to see Freya often, and now I even have the chance to go to the new school. I got everything I wanted, and somehow I still find a reason to complain. I'm so ungrateful...but shit, this itching is killing me...

-"We should head out, Elio, you don't want to be late. Are you ready?"-I nodded as I stood up and grabbed my jacket. We drove to my new school and parked in front of the entrance. It was still early, so there weren't that many people around. I took a deep breath, playing with a locket on my necklace that Ophelia gave me.