~•22•~

▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.
"January 17th, 2021

I think I cut in a little too deep. It won't stop bleeding. I don't know what to do. Zyan is in the room next door, I can hear him typing on his computer. Should I tell him? Will he be mad if I interrupt him? I'm getting a little sleepy..."
.
▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.

Marianne's pov:

Mom: Mary, I told you not to overwork yourself! Are you even eating properly? Should I bring you some food?

Marianne: No mom, I'm fine, stop worrying so much. And work is fine as well. It's just a little exhausting sometimes.

Mom: Mary, I really need you to take better care of yourself. What about coming over for a weekend? I'll make you mughlai chicken, hm?

I smiled softly, my mom always looks for ways to cheer me up. I've lost some weight recently, so she immediately got worried. I was about to answer her question, when the main door opened, filling the hall with cold, unfriendly wind. Oh, it's him...Wes isn't going to like this.

Marianne: ...yeah, that sounds good, mom...I'll call you later, I have to go back to work. Bye, love you.

I hung up as a man in a long black coat approached the front desk, his expression somewhat colder and more hostile than usual. But then he looked up and smiled. Quite an incincere smile, but at least he tried to hide his unfriendliness.

-"Mr. Bianco, we haven't seen you in a while."

-"Yes, I've been out of town...miss Roshan, was it? How are you doing?"-I didn't expect him to remember my last name.

-"I'm good, thank you for asking...I'm guessing you're here to see Elio."-He slowly nodded, putting his phone away and making eye contact with me.

-"Yes, that's right. I have to ask for a favour, though. You see, I have a really important matter to discuss with my brother, and I was wondering if there is a way for us to have that private conversation...you know, without other people disturbing us."-I knew he was implying that he doesn't want Wes to be there, and I couldn't quite say no, since he had a complete right to talk to his family member in private. I guess I can't make everyone happy...

-"Yes, I understand...but since room visits are technically forbidden, I can only give you 20 minutes alone there...that's all I can do."-I so shamelessly lied. Well, that's all I can do for Wes as well. He smiled faintly.

-"Yes, that would be enough. Thank you for your hard work. Please inform him that I'm here."-I have a bad feeling about this.

.

.

Elio's pov:

-"...I spy with my little eye something...white."-I said, making myself comfortable in Wes's arms.

-"Not fair, almost everything in this room is white."-He complained, making me chuckle.

-"Well, too bad. Now guess."

-"Hmm...door?"-He guessed.

-"Nope."

-"Pillow?"

-"Nope."

-"Capret?"

-"You suck at this."

-What am I supposed to do when you choose the most generic color in the room...ugh, you win. What was it?"