~•28•~

Elio's pov:

—"Hey Elio, look at this guy!"— Nick, a guy from my class, exclaimed as he shoved his phone in front of my face. There was a picture of a shirtless guy on the beach who was around our age. Ugh, he is so annoying.

—"...I don't know him."

—"That's not what I'm saying! He is hot, right? I think he might even do it with a guy if he is drunk enough."—he commented with a smirk. It's been a week and pretty much everyone in my class knows that I'm gay. I guess the word spread fast. Nobody is really bullying me or anything, most of them just keep their distance. But this guy keeps making nasty comments. I guess he is trying to be funny or something.

—"...I mean, if you're interested in him, go for it, man."—I commented, making a few of my classmates laugh. He looked embarrassed, but he tried to keep his confident act.

—"Hell nah, man! I meant for you! He has a nice body, right? Gay guys are into that. Just trying to help you with your love life here!"

—"Thanks for your efforts, but I have a boyfriend, so I don't need your help."—he laughed, I guess that he was surprised.

—"For real!? Is he from your old school or something?"—just go away...

—"No, he's in college."

—"Oh, an older guy? Are you into that?"—he asked with a suggestive smirk and touched my hair. 

—"Stop touching me, it's annoying."—I said and pushing his hand away.

—"Why are you so cold, man? Bet you let your boyfriend touch you all the time, right?"—why is he so persistent? He is just making me uncomfortable for no reason.

—"Nick, I hate to inform you, but I don't think Elio is into you. So just accept the defeat and stop looking for a reason to touch him like a creep."— one guy from my class commented. I guess he was absent last week, because I saw him today for the first time. Nick just clicked his tongue and stood up, walking away somewhere. The guy who defended me winked at me, then continued scrolling through his phone.

During the lunch break, I finished eating as fast as I could and headed back to the classroom. Ugh, I can't wait for Ophelia to be released from the hospital, it's going to be so much better with her around. Usually nobody would be in the classroom during the break, so I could just chill by myself. But, when I walked inside, I saw that guy who defended me earlier smoking by the window. He flinched when I opened the door, but when he saw it was just me, he relaxed.

—"Hey, Elio. Wanna have a smoke with me?"—he asked in a familiar manner, like we already know each other.

—"Oh. No, thank you, I don't smoke."

—"Well then...wanna sit next to me and chat while I smoke?"—his smile looked friendly and genuine, so I sat on one of the desks next to the window.

—"Um...what's your name?"—I asked, and he looked at me surprised.

—"Wait...you don't know who I am?"

—"Um, no. Should I? Do we know each other?"—He chuckled, puffing his cigarette.

—"Ha...that's so cruel, Elio...I'm Noah. We had art class together in our old school last year."—I looked a little closer to his face, then I realized he was right. 

—"Oh, shit...sorry, I'm really bad at remembering people, like, it's not just you, it happens all the time."

—"Don't worry about it...how are you, by the way? I heard you were transferred to the hospital after the attempt..."