~•20•~

▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.
March 28th, 2020

"I had a really bad dream last night. It seemed like I had just woken up, but I was still dreaming. I tried talking to people around me, but no one was listening. Then, I died. After that, I woke up again (in my dream, of course). I tried waking myself up, I tried running, I tried screaming, but nothing worked. I kept dying and waking up over and over again, stuck in an endless loop. I thought "Ah, I must've died and got sent to Hell". But then, I woke up, for real this time, crying and shaking. Zyan heard me crying and walked into my room. He hugged me and comforted me, told me it's just a dream and it's going to be okay. And I cried and sobbed in his arms, like a truly helpless, pathetic child I am."
.
▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒ
.

One year earlier:(2022)

Elio's pov(16 years old):

I'm going to be in trouble. I'm going to be in so much trouble if he finds out I went out at this time. But shit, breaking his rules feels so good.

I was just walking around, looking where I should go. It was about 11 thirty pm. I had never been out this late before. Zyan went to Clara's parents' house with Clara and Freya, so I was home alone and decided to go out. Just knowing that Zyan would be so mad if he knew I was out at that hour made so much adrenaline pump through my veins.

I was wearing straight black pants and a slim black sleeveless crop-top. It was actually my mom's, I took it from her closet. I was also took her necklace and so many bracelets to cover my cuts. I put a bunch of concealer on my scars and even though you could still see some of them, they weren't as prominent. I've never worn something as tight and revealing as this before, it feels so weird.

I walked around a little more and ended up in a kinda sketchy area. I was about to head back when I saw a flashy sign. A gay bar. I've never been to such a place before...I wonder what it's like...

I stood there for a few minutes, but it seemed like there was no security or anything, people were just walking in and out freely. It looked kinda old and a dim lighting was peaking out of the window. I was thinking about whether going in was a bad idea, but the thought of going back home was so damn depressing. I stepped inside.

There were a lot of people there, mostly men, talking and dancing around. I walked up to the bar and sat down. Soon the barthander approached me. He was shirtless, all the barthanders were.

-"What can I get you, boy?"-He asked with a hint of smirk, like he knew I'm not allowed to be there. I glanced at the menu next to me. I know nothing about alcoholic drinks. I saw a picture of a coctail with a pineapple next to it and pointed to it.

-"One Pina colada comin' right up."- The barthander said, mixing something behind the bar. Soon he gave me my drink.

-"T-thank you..."-I took a sip and, to my surprise, I actually really liked the taste. I turned towards the crowd, watching people dancing and jumping around. They looked like they were having fun, but I couldn't see anyone my age that I could approach.

After a few minutes, the bartender handed me another drink. I panicked, I didn't know if I had enough money to pay for that.

-"Um, excuse me, I didn't order this..."-Barthander looked at me, smirking again like he found me amusing.

-"It's from a gentleman over there. One in a blue shirt. You should thank him, don't you think?"- I turned and saw a guy, probably in his early thirties, looking at me. He smiled as he stood up and walked up to me, then sat on the chair next to me.