BEIDOU TEACHES A PHYSICS CLASS

Smart captains knew to keep their sailors well educated, lest the ship find its doom when they inevitably sailed by the infamous sirens of the west, lead by the worst one of all, Alek Trebex, who hosted the game show Jeopardy on weekdays (I think. I don't watch Jeo- I mean, I've never met the sirens before, so how should I know?).

Therefore, it only made sense for Captain Beidou to share with her crew what she could, and that included all of the knowledge she had obtained after two exhausting days of her physics classes, before she dropped out of the Akademiya.

It had been a bit of a bore, so it was rather ironic that she was teaching a class herself today. How the ships have flipped. Tables, though? Never heard of them. They used empty crates nailed to the floor here aboard the Crux. Tables were too dangerous to bring near rugged sailors like these. And turning them just made it worse.  Seasickness is a beast.

"Who can tell me how the equipartition theorem works without checking the book?" she quizzed.

The crew shrugged in unison. She scowled. "Look, if you can't understand simple advanced principles like these we're going to have to review mathematics again instead."

"Good!" the navigator shouted. "We didn't know that either!"

"Nonsense. You guys can do math. I know Juza can do math, right, Juza?" Beidou pressed.

The first mate scratched his head. "Uh, Capt'n, no offense or anything, but how in Teyvat did you get that in your head?"

"Someone here must know something," Beidou snapped. "Kazuha! Kazuha, what's sixteen divided by four?!"

The navigator nudged Kazuha awake. He panicked. "Sorry, what did you ask, mom- Beidou- Miss- Captain?"

"That's Professor to you. Now..."

Beidou suddenly groaned and held her face in her hands. "Why am I bothering to do this again?"

"Siren game shows," replied the sailor Furong matter-of-factly.

"Oh, yeah."

Beidou spaced out for a second, thinking. "Well, you people all know how to stick 'em with the pointy end anyways, right? Just do that."

The crew all nodded and chorused in agreement. Beidou clasped her hands together with finality. "Great. Who wants to play poker?"