NILOU GETS A HAIRCUT

She must have waited at least an hour past the scheduled time. The barber finally called her up, laughing shakily. "Sorry 'bout that, miss. Bit of trouble with the last customer... please, take a seat."

"Oh, no problem!" Nilou replied, smiling as always.

He lead her to the chair and she sat. "Now, what would you like me to do, miss?"

"Oh, whatever you think is best, please," she said absentmindedly, and opened her magazine- the newest edition of the Steambird. She was in the middle of a fascinating article about the incompetence of Sumeru's mail office- they had even somehow let an archon through the safety check.

Mr. Zubayr had told her to get a haircut, though he didn't really specify. Just anything that got it a little more out of her face while she was dancing.

The barber began. Bzzzz. Bzzzz. What a strange feeling.

She tuned out the noise and turned the page.

The reporter who was to interview the man that sent the package allegedly grabbed her microphone and hurled it at her face. "I feared for my life!" the reporter admitted in a later statement.

We assume that meant he was declining to inquiry.

"All done!" the barber chirped. Nilou peered at the mirror and yelped. "I'm bald!"

Mr. Zubayr wouldn't let her perform her months! She knew he wouldn't even dare a wig, in case it slipped off.

He scratched his head. "Um... I didn't know what was 'best' but I tried my hardest... You don't like it? Why did you tell me that then?"

Nilou gripped the armrests. "I ASSUMED YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING!"

PS: Nilou would still look beautiful bald. She'd look beautiful no matter what. If she tripped over her feet and faceplanted on the stage, the bruise on her forehead would be beautiful. NILOU IS BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE HER.