HEIZOU UNSOLVES A CASE

"Detective Yoimiya, this is some outstanding work. Just outstanding." The Tenryou Commission officer scanned her report with glee as they stood just outside of the crime scene. "Deducing the thieves within an hour with hardly anything to go by- I think you'll do well here."

Yoimiya was a new hire in the department, making it all the more impressive. She smiled. "Glad I could help."

The officer had been skeptical at first when she had offered to take the case, but now was pleasantly surprised with her results. He shook her hand enthusiastically. "May I have the honour of giving you a proper welcome to the-"

Just then, Heizou walked up. "Yoimiya! I heard you've solved your first case?"

They both turned to him and exchanged greetings. "I have!" exclaimed Yoimiya.

Heizou pointed to the report. "Mind telling me how you did it?"

She grinned. "Of course not, let's go."

She lead them both into the house. They gathered in the foyer. "Well," she began, "first I talked to the victim. He told me that he had heard a crash in the foyer at about two in the morning, so I started there."

She crossed her arms. "After searching thoroughly, I found three knives-" she pointed at the wall- "And realized that there would be no point in a robber bringing three unless there were several, and they probably needed one hand free for stealing, so there were at least three robbers present."

She waved them towards the kitchen while explaining. "Then I looked at the objects missing. The omni-ubiquity net and the toaster. After some digging, I discovered that the Ikatara Gang's toaster broke down recently."

Heizou paused to sniff the wall. Yoimiya raised an eyebrow quizzically but didn't judge and instead continued her story. "Then I saw on that table over there," she said, gesturing at it, "Ikatara Otti's wallet. That sealed the deal."

The officer clapped, beaming. Heizou leaned against the wall in a relaxed manner and crossed his arms. "Not to nitpick or anything, but may I point something out?"

"Go ahead!" replied Yoimiya cheerfully.

Heizou cleared his throat. "Well, first of all. I happened to be there when the victim gave his testimony. He claimed that he heard the crash at four in the afternoon, not two am, and it was in the attic, not the foyer."

Yoimiya tapped her chin, thinking. "Ah, you might be right."

The officer frowned. Heizou continued. "Those knives on the wall are a decorative piece, and judging by the amount of dust on them, have been there for quite a while."

Yoimiya was still deep in thought. "It wasn't a toaster or a net that was stolen," he told them, "It was a jewelry box and three paintings."

Heizou pointed to the table. "And that isn't a wallet. It's a ham sandwich. Though what I would consider noteworthy here is those arrows embedded in the walls over there, and the blue stain directly under it that is currently exuding the unmistakable stench of blood."

Yoimiya nodded matter-of-factly. "All good points indeed."

Heizou glanced over. "Officer..?"

The officer held his face in his hands. "I- She- well- she did have impeccable grammar."

"Thanks!" Yoimiya said, delighted.

He gestured at Heizou. "Detective, you take over this case. Oh, and Yoimiya, you're fired."

She whooped with joy and ran off to tell her dad the good news.

The End.