NAHIDA DELETES HER LEFT EYE

It was another ordinary day in Sumeru when the scribe Alhaitham approached the dendro archon with a troubling dilemma.

"Lesser Lord Kusanali, Kshahrewar's project has ground to halt today," he told her.

Nahida clicked her tongue. That project was important. "How so?" she quipped.

He sighed. "That damned infamous unsolvable equation... we need the answer. You know the one. Fourteen minus six."

Nahida gasped. "It is high time this is solved. I wanted humans to figure it out for themselves, but as your archon, I must deliver. I shall consult the great tree Irminsul in your stead."

Alhaitham bowed in fully-in-character awed respect and left. Nahida entered the Sanctuary of Surasthana and jumped into the quantum void. When she came out on the other side, she saw the tree of wisdom.

She ran up to the massive trunk and found Irminsul's touchscreen tablet embedded in the bark. She selected the calculator option and entered 14-6.

No answer appears, but the screen looks a lot different. Actually, everything looked a lot different. Mostly because of the lack of left.

She palmed at her face blindly and realized that her left eye had been entirely wiped off her face. With her remaining eye, she peered at the touchscreen. It seems she had not chosen the calculator after all; the title at the top read Build-a-God.

She pressed the undo button at the bottom. Her sight returned to normal. Irminsul chastised her for her carelessness, and she ignored it pointedly.

Nahida then swiftly entered in the equation on the correct app and returned to the Akademiya with the penned answer in hand.

"Scholars of Sumeru, I have gained the truths you seek!" she cried.

All the darshans gathered below. She cleared her throat. "The explanation is candid and blunt, but you must hear it, or you shall never grow as a nation."

They eagerly awaited her words. She sighed heavily.

"Don't forget to carry the one."