GANYU EMBRACES HER INNER GOAT

Once upon a time, there was a kindly adeptus who chose to inhabit an elderly human form and reside with humans after a horrific tragedy. This adeptus then took to mere mortal arts, like gardening, shunning her heavenly guqin...

Madam Ping tentatively poked the carcasses of her glaze lilies with a stick. "Oh my. What happened here?"

Her flowers– the entire flowerbed– they'd all been dug up overnight, it seemed, the petals devoured, the stems left uprooted on the dirt.

An animal, perhaps? She didn't think it could be a human. Most of the people around here had a general idea of her true form, despite her never having voiced it. They acted respectfully, and never stepped out of line.

And if they did, they'd immediately recognize it, and apologize in haste–

"MADAM... MADAM PIIING! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!"

Aha, there it is.

Still, when she turns around, there was no way she could've foreseen who was there.

Ganyu flung herself to her knees and sobbed. "I was... working overtime... and I was... *sob* hungry..."

Madam Ping sighed. "I forgive you, child."

Ganyu wailed. "N-no! I've done you wrong... I should have to go on a cleansing journey through Jueyun Karst! I should be working for you for... for a thousand years!"

Madam Ping held up her hands in a placating gesture. "It's okay, child. I know you didn't mean it."

The qilin whimpered and rolled around on the pavement, clutching her knees to her chest. "Madam Ping is... *sob*... too kind..."

Ganyu returned to her workplace, but she couldn't stand the guilt. One fateful day, she ran away to Fontaine, leaving only a letter behind.

Dear friends,

I have left to become an actor who is paid millions. When I finally achieve this, I will return with all of my earnings to give to Madam Ping.

If you're interested, come watch my first show.

It's called 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail.'

-Ganyu