LUMINE VEGS OUT

This outstanding idea prompt donated by a great friend of mine, thank you!

Unfortunately this sort of hits spoiler territory, so if you haven't finished the quest "We Will Be Reunited" then skip it if you want (though, if you're actively reading fanfiction, you've prolly already figured it out).

.

     Aether knew better than to be scared. Fear was often the true killer in adventuring, and he had to survive here in Teyvat... at any cost.

Still, in the deep dark depths of the abyss hideout where every sound echoed a thousand times, when he heard the scream, he had a hard time holding back the butterflies in his stomach.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"What was that?" Paimon cried. Aether gritted his teeth and strode forwards. He slammed open the door before the fear could take hold. Behind it, was...

Her. And she wasn't alone.

But it wasn't that that froze him in place.

His beloved sister– surrounded by several Abyss Heralds and Lectors– was decked out in a colourful hoodie and sweatpants, surrounded by half-eaten bags of junk food, holding an iPad in one hand and pounding the ground in a fist with the other.

"I-" Slam. "Just-" Slam. "Want-" Slam. "SEELE!!"

She grabbed an open bag of cheetos and emptied the contents into her mouth, then tossed away the bag. "Damn you, Welt."

"You can still save for the guaranteed, Princess," an orange Abyss Lector said sympathetically. Lumine only sighed.

All at once, they realized that someone else was watching them. They turned to see Aether, breathing hard, and Paimon, hiding behind his shoulders.

"Ah, dear brother," Lumine said weakly. "Would you like some Oreos? Barb here isn't a fan."

"I just think they're too crunchy!" the hydro Abyss Herald shrilled.

"Too crunchy? Crunchy? Ugh, whatever. I'm hungry, make some ramen, if you will." She turned back to the iPad, muttering under her breath. Aether overheard 'Welt' again as well as several profanities.

"...Yes, Princess."

After the Herald left, Lumine spoke again to her brother. "Do you think I can clear Memory of Chaos with Dan Heng and DPS Asta?"

Aether and Paimon did not answer. They were too busy getting the hell outta there.

The End.