GOROU PLAYS FETCH

Gorou found her in her office, as always. She heard him coming before he even stepped into the room.

"General, I'm glad to see you today. Are you well?"

Gorou dipped his head in acknowledgement. "Your Excellency! I'm very well, thank you."

Kokomi turned to face him. Her eyes gleamed softly in the bioluminescence. "That's good. Oh, hmm, I don't suppose you've seen Remedy of Warfare Vol. II around anytime recently..?"

Gorou lit up. His tail wagged, much to his embarrassment. "Yes, I believe I saw that somewhere! Shall I get it for you?"

Kokomi smiled sweetly. "If it's not too much trouble."

He raced off and found it a few minutes later on the  captain of Swordfish II's desk. "H-Here, Your Excellency," he managed, panting, once he returned.

He looked up. The office was now a mess, every cabinet thrown wide open, stacks of notes strewn across the floor. Kokomi strode over and took the book gratefully. "Gorou, just in time. Thank you. Now, um..."

She side-eyed the chaos behind her. "My office seems to be out of blank paper... where do we store extra?"

"Oh, I know! Hold on, I'll get it for you. Is there anything else you need, while I'm at it?" Gorou asked.

She tapped her chin. "Mm, no, I don't think so."

He bowed and tore off like last time. When he eventually came back– this had been a far more difficult endeavor than before– Kokomi was bending over the desk, cheeks flushed. The room seemed in even more of a disarray than before. She didn't notice him until he hesitantly called out to her. She startled. "General? Oh... thank you. Um..."

She rubbed her shoulder self-consciously. "I- have you seen a pen anywhere?"

Gorou nodded with determination and set out of the room once again.

He found one– finally!– inside a dusty shelf. But when he gave it to Kokomi...

"Oh... It's out of ink."

So he went to search again.

A long, long, long hour later, he returned with a working pen. She scratched him behind the ears. "Good fetching! Aren't you such a good dog!"