𝟎𝟏

𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲. It's been 3 days since the deb ball happened and we found out about Susannah's cancer being back. I don't think he's had a chance to let himself process what all of this means, until now.

We woke up this morning in his bed and I could tell he was more off then the past 2 days. His smile was forced, his temper was short, and he was extra touchy. I made us both breakfast and his head was in his hands as he sat at the counter across from me. Occasionally he glanced up at me and offered a half-smile to try to reassure me, but we both knew better than that. 

I turned on some quiet music but we didn't talk much as we ate our breakfast. I didn't make anything special, just smoothies and the blueberry pancakes he likes. 

He sat on the barstool next to me and leaned his head on my shoulder, "Thanks angel," he whispered and I kissed the top of his head.

"I love you," I whispered back and wrapped an arm around his middle.

"I love you too, so so much," he replied and lifted his head up to smile at me before kissing my cheek. 

I ran a hand through his hair and pulled him into a hug, "You look so pretty this morning. You're glowing," he said sweetly and I kissed him. 

"My pretty boy," I replied and kissed him again and that was the extent of our breakfast conversations.

We were up before everyone else in the house, so people started to trickle in as we finished our food. I could tell he didn't have the energy to interact with anyone so I offered that we go lie down on the couch. He laid down between my legs and rested his head on my chest while I played with his hair. 

"Do you want to go out at all today," I asked and felt him tense.

"No, I don't," he snapped and I froze a little, taking a second to remind myself what was going through his head.

"Okay, sorry," I said softly and I felt him panic.

He propped himself up on his elbows and the look of regret in his eyes almost made me cry. "Don't apologize, I'm sorry angel I don't know why I did that," he said softly and I smiled at him reassuringly.

"It's okay love, I understand," I leaned forward and kissed his head. "Let's just chill here, we've got nowhere to be," I added and I felt him relax. He reached for one of my hands and pressed a kiss to my palm before holding onto it and laying back down. "Do you want anything?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Just talk to me please, about anything," He whispered and I hummed.

"I think Nicole's still here with Con. Her sister just left town so she's gonna stick around a little more. In other news, Cora's got a boyfriend so we'll see how long that lasts. She seems like she really likes him though, so that's good. She also got a puppy? I'm not really sure what she plans to do with it when she goes home, but I think she managed to get my mom in on it. He's really cute, a little golden doodle. She named him Rocky because it sounds like a big dog name and she thinks it's funny cause he's tiny," I felt him laugh a little and just kept talking until he fell back asleep. 

-

He was grouchy and closed off when he woke up from his nap. 

"Good morning sunshine," I whispered ironically and instead of his usual response I got a scoff as he sat up. 

"I'll be back in a sec," he said and got up without looking back at me. I took a deep breath, reminded myself one more time and pulled my phone out for the first time that day.