𝟎𝟒

𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞. My head was pounding through my skull and my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my skull. I got out of bed and accidentally woke up Jer, who was not both concerned and confused in his barely awake state.

"Ken? What's wrong, come back," he mumbled as I opened the door to his attached bathroom. 

"Migraine," I said back, leaning against the doorway and pressing against my temples to try and help the pressure in my head.  The boy seemed to snap into reality in half a second, scrambling out of bed. He closed the curtains, flipped our phones over, gave me a hug, and then sprinted downstairs. 

I smiled to myself at his thoughtfulness and took a face towel out of the drawer, running it under freezing water, and then laying back down in bed with it draped over my eyes. I heard the door open a few minutes later and a couple things being set on the night stand before the bed dipped and I felt him tracing my arm comfortingly. 

"I brought water, excedrin, iced tea, and avocado toast," Jer whispered and I almost started crying. 

"Thank you," I whispered back and took the towel off my eyes. He was already looking at me when I sat up and turned to face him, a plate of avocado toast placed on my lap as soon as I was upright. 

"I think I made it how you like it, was kinda in a rush," he chuckled and I leaned over to kiss him. It was short and sweet and we were both smiling, though it was hard to see in the dark room. 

"It's perfect and I love you," I said quietly and his hand shifted from my arm to my back, running his fingers up and down making me lean into his touch as I ate my toast.

"I love you too," Jeremiah whispered back and then we sat in silence, trying to get the stupid migraine to go away.

-

A couple hours later, and by some miracle, the migraine was only a fraction as bad as it was earlier in the morning. Instead of staying in our dark little dungeon, Jeremiah and I decided to go on a little date. 

Bad Religion by Frank Ocean was quiet in the car, Jer's hand on my thigh as our routine played out once again. I didn't know where we were going, but when we got to a park I smiled at him. The boy grabbed a blanket and speaker out of the back seat and then my hand as we walked through the surprisingly desolate park. 

We ended up finding a pond and sitting under the shade of a big tree. Jeremiah's back was against the tree and I was sitting between his legs with my back against him.

The speaker played quietly and his hands raked through my hair. He braided and then unbraided it, massaged my scalp, and then restarted. 

"How's your head angel?" he asked and I grinned.

"Pretty good, you'd agree yeah?" I replied and I could feel his eye roll and hear the dramatic groan from behind me. I laughed and he shoved my shoulders playfully.

"Yes, but actually," Jer said, his tone of voice switching midway through his sentence. 

"Better, thank you for this morning. I love how thoughtful you are," I said, turning my upper body so I could face him. 

He pulled me into a kiss and then pulled away to say, "I love you so fucking much," and then we were back to kissing. 

About an hour long nap later, the two of us were back in the car to go get some lunch. Pyramids by Frank Ocean played as we sat in comfortable silence, our minds still waking up from sleep. 

"What's goin on in that pretty mind?" my boyfriend asked with a sweet smile and I grinned.

"What happened last time we listened to this song," I replied casually and instantly saw his mind reeling as his face flushed. "But also how good some acai bowls sounds right now," I added nonchalantly and he swiveled his head to look at me.

"Are- seriously? That's the jump you're gonna make? I mean I agree with you, but also, Kendall," Jeremiah said dramatically and I held back my laughter.

"You know this song is 10 minutes long? Crazy, didn't feel like it," I said and he looked even more flabbergasted.

"I'm driving woman," Jer replied as his knuckles whitened around the wheel and I shrugged.

I love being validated. It's so validating. 

"So? I didn't even do anything Jeremiah," I'll admit that now I was messing with him a little, but after all the times he's done it to me I'll call it even. 

"Angel I will pull over and you won't get acai bowls," Jer finally got my attention with this one. I sighed dramatically, but when I looked over at him I realized that he was plotting.

"You lose," I said and a smirk formed on his face as he glanced over at me. Shit fuck balls. 

"Mhm," he hummed as his hand moved from the gear shift to my thigh. 

Okay so like as much as I was teasing my boyfriend about the song playing, it really was not helping me out here. We both definitely have the same memories replaying throughout the entire song so like, not my best move.

This was verified for me when his hand on my thigh was fucking massaging me the same place it had been during this part of the song. Yeah so um.

I put the majority of my focus into giving the boy absolutely no satisfaction. I failed.

"Kendall," he said and I looked at him. The smug grin on his face confused me momentarily.

"What?" I asked and somehow the smugness amplified tenfold. 

"Did you hear what I said?" I'm going to kill myself. 

"No what's up?" he laughed. A deep boyish laugh that made me both want to jump off a cliff and kiss him simultaneously. 

"Nothing just asked what if you wanted a coffee, the place we like is right here," Jeremiah replied and I nodded.

"Yeah, caffeine sounds good," I said and he got in the other lane. 

"Was hoping you'd say that," he agreed and I smiled as he pulled into a parking spot.

"I love you," I stated as he parked the car and the hand on my thigh unbuckled my seat belt. 

"I love you too, c'mere," Jer said and helped me over the center console. 

"I'm not fucking you in this parking lot if that was your goal," I said sarcastically and the boy laughed.

"Hey you straddled me," he defended and I grinned as I kissed him. 

Pyramids transitioned into Dear April (acoustic side A) by Frank and I smiled into our kiss. 

Our kiss turned sweet as the slower song played, his hands shifting from my ass to my hips and head. Mine moved to the sides of his face and my heart dropped to my feet as butterflies flooded my stomach. That giddy feeling from when we were first dating was building and I couldn't help pulling away for a second to look at him. 

"Holy shit," he breathed out and I nodded. 

"Yeah," I whispered and then we were kissing again.

As the song ended we both pulled away with smiles of pure joy. "Coffee?" he asked and I hummed, kissing him one more time, and then opening his door and hopping out of the car. 

He followed and threw an arm over my shoulders, pulling me into his side. "I love you," he whispered to me and I looked up at him as we walked.

"I love you more."

-

A/N || short chapter but i'm stalling
till szn 2 comes out