𝟏𝟗

A/N || there's a makeout in this so if that makes
u uncomfy u may want to skip but it's mildly plot
important 

-

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐮𝐛 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬. He's already dressed in a black dress shirt and nice black shorts, leaving all his jewelry on full display and it's not fair how perfect he looks.

The bathtub is behind the sink, so we keep making eye contact in the mirror and the amount of tension in this bathroom cannot possibly be good for my wellbeing. He started patiently playing with the rings on his fingers a couple minutes ago and I swear he knows exactly what he's doing.

I'm still in sweats and a big t-shirt, not having picked out what I was wearing to dinner yet. It's also relatively early– we don't leave for another 40 minutes– so I have time. It really doesn't help that my memories of us in the same set up a couple years ago has me feeling the ghost of his hands grazing my legs.

The prospect of all of my memories in this room is leaving my entire body tingling which unintentionally raises the tensions in the room. This an ongoing cycle of inevitability and I don't know how to feel about it.

We haven't really said anything, too afraid to ruin the ephemerality of the moment. The moment peaked when he stood up and walked over, wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder as I put bronzer on. Roman tilted his head sideways so that he was facing my neck and I had to physically stop myself from shivering.

"You're so beautiful Elena," he whispered into my neck and I leaned back into his arms. I put down my makeup– I'm pretty much done now– and ran a hand through his hair.

Roman's hands shifted to my hips and spun me back towards him casually and then just left his hands there. I looked up at him and realized that I fully messed up his hair.

He followed my sightline into the mirror and smiled, "You wanna fix it?" he asked without me having to say anything and my heart skipped a beat.

"Yeah," I agreed and hopped up on the counter behind me so that I was sitting on the edge with my legs dangling off. I ran a hand under the faucet and he took a couple steps until he was in between my legs.

oh we haven't been this close in a long long time.

"I love your hair," I commented as I ran my hands through it to fix it. His hands were on either side of me on the counter, his thumbs occasionally brushing the outside of my thighs.

"Oh I remember," he said smugly and I flicked water in his face. Roman's grin didn't fade as he leaned towards me to box me in and then started tickling me in the exact spots where I'm ticklish. Does this kid have an eidetic memory or something because jesus.

I couldn't stop laughing and he paused for a second, "Tell me you're sorry."

"I'm sorry," I said and his little smirk came back as he tickled me again. 

When he finally stopped I said, "That was uncalled for," as I caught my breath and the boy just kept the same smile. When he ceased tickling me, his hands had casually landed on the top of my thighs, goddamn.

"You ready to go get dressed?" he asked, squeezing my thighs a little with the question and I nodded.

"Yeah I think I know what I'm gonna wear," I commented and he nodded, stepping back so I could hop off the counter, but not far enough that I could leave without having to move past him.