𝟏𝟑

𝐖𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩. That being said, I wasn't at my house and I still needed to talk to Jer about Roman. Jeremiah was leaned up against my shoulder and my hand was coming through his hair routinely.

A couple minutes after the movie ended I said, "I need to talk to you about something," and he nodded, following me as I went outside for some sort of privacy.

"What's goin on angel?" he asked sleepily and sat next to me on the concrete.

"Roman texted me earlier, he's coming to Cousins and wants to hangout with Nicole and I," I said and Jer tensed up a little.

"Are you gonna go?" the boy asked and I shrugged.

"I'm leaving it up to Nicole, he just wants to go to Sunny's. I just wanted to run it by you before I confirmed anything," I replied and he nodded.

"I trust you Ken, I don't really trust him though," Jer said, a hand inching towards mine.

"Nothing's gonna happen J, he's been our friend since 4th grade. Besides, do you think Nicole would hesitate to punch him in the face if he tried anything? It's gonna be fine, okay?" I said and he nodded reluctantly.

"Why do you want to see him?" the boy asked after a second of thought.

"Because I haven't seen him in almost 2 years and he's in town," I replied and he nodded.

"Timing's a little weird," Jer said and I rolled my eyes.

"You'd know wouldn't you? Jer he texted me today that he was coming to town, and then later asking Nicole and I to go to Sunny's, I haven't even replied to him," I stated, losing some of the patience that had been gracing the conversation earlier.

"Can I see your phone?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow. This is a new one.

"You're gonna feel stupid," I said as I handed him the phone.

𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒:

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐝𝐞

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚

𝘢𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘭 2, 2021

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐝𝐞

ur smoothie's ready

𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚

thanks

𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺

𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐝𝐞

hey ken i'm coming to cousins

u me nicole sunnys tomorrow
i miss u guys it's been forever
𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸

-

"Feel better now?" I asked as he realized that I wasn't lying.

"Shit I'm sorry I don't know what I was-" he started to say but I was done.

"Fuck off Jer. Do you know how fucked it is for you to accuse me of lying to you over a guy I haven't talked to in 2 years? I told you the same day it happened, I did it the way we agreed we were going to and you still don't trust me. I haven't even done anything to break your trust. Grandma Kathy used to say that 'people accuse best what they're most capable of' and I'm finally starting to understand what she meant," I stood up and walked back inside, grabbing my keys off the counter and went to leave out the front door.