𝟏𝟕

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝟑:𝟑𝟐 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫. I had changed out of the sweats and tshirt I wore to break up with my boyfriend into a more presentable shorts and shirt.

Nicole and Conrad left about 20 minutes ago, so I'm sitting on the couch on my phone. My mood has slipped significantly in the time since they left and the initial intensity of the whole situation has started to settle. Roman texted that he was here and knocked on my front door. 

I opened the front door to find Roman without his usual grin, instead replaced with his ever-knowing face of concern.

It was like he could read my mind and before I could say anything I was pulled into a comforting bear hug. His arms wrapped around me and once I processed what was happening, I relaxed into him. For the first time since the breakup a couple hours ago, I almost started to cry.

"How're you feeling Ken?" he asked into our hug and I rested my head against his chest.

"Honestly not terrible, I feel like a shitty person for not being upset. I'm a little angry, not really upset in the way I should be though," I replied and he hugged me closer before pulling away, leaving his hands on either of my shoulders.

"You're allowed to not feel bad. I don't know much about your relationship recently, but I know that you've been upset with it and my guess is that you've been feeling that way for a while. You're not one to make rash decisions Ken, especially decisions that you know impact yourself and others.

When you do make decisions, you make up your mind and stick to it. It's a trait that most people don't have which makes you more comfortable in your decision. Every situation is different and everyone will always act differently so whatever you're feeling is valid because it's what you feel. hey-" my head had started spinning internally and Roman clearly noticed because his hand tilted my chin back to face him. All my thoughts stopped and my attention went back to him. Weird.

"Stop overthinking it Elena. No matter what you're going through, what you're feeling, what you're not- as long as you find a way to express it- which you have- you start to heal and figure out your next move. There's no schedule, everyone copes differently, you're exactly where you need to be. It'll be alright Ken," the boy said and my eyes started watering.

"Where the hell did that come from Romes," I joked through the stray tear and the boy smiled.

"Experience?" he replied and I laughed, wiping the tears off my face. "Kidding, but therapy and a couple shitty relationships," Roman added and I looked up at him.

"Thanks Ro, it means a lot," I said and pulled him into another hug. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder, swaying us back and forth. 

"Always," he replied.

Oh my god is that where I got that from? Holy shit. 

"Ready to go Ro?" I asked and the boy nodded into my shoulder.

"Yeah let's get out of here," Roman commented and pulled out of our hug as he started walking towards the car. He opened my door and I rolled my eyes at him but mumbled a 'thanks' as I got in the seat.

Roman got in the driver's seat, turned on the car and music, and then started to back out of the driveway. I almost had a fucking stroke as he backed up with one hand on my seat and used the heel of his hand to spin the wheel. His rings were also glinting in the light and I had to force myself to look away.

Am I allowed to think like this Jesus Christ. Get it together, holy fuck. You broke up with Jer 4 hours ago.

To make matter's worse, when Roman's phone connected to his car the first song that started playing was starboy by the weeknd and I had to look out the window to distract myself from him