𝟎𝟔

A/N || songs of the chapter
falling & meet me in the hallway &
last kiss (TV) 😍😍
start them at the second flashback 😙

𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝟔𝐩𝐦, 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝟑𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫.

I used this time to figure out what the fuck I was going to say to him. I started thinking about when things started going south. Our first big argument after the summer.

It was late September and both had just gotten home from school.

I had to pick something up from a friends house before I drove over to his place. Lainey had my notes and I needed to go get them to do my homework at the Fishers' house. It took me 20 minutes to go to Lainey's and get to his house, but apparently that was too long for him.

When I got to his house I was immediately given the cold shoulder.

I said, "Hey darling," as I walked in and saw him sitting at the counter. No reply. Maybe he didn't hear me, I thought to myself and walked over to him. I hugged him from behind and when he shrugged me off I knew something was up.

I sat sideways on the barstool next to him and looked at him for a second before asking, "What's up?"

Nothing again. I figured he was just upset about his mom not doing well so I didn't question it, just pulled out my homework and started to do it in silence.

I tried one more time after I flipped through my notebook to find the right page, "Do you want to talk about it?"

He just kept writing in his notebook, ignoring me. Okay then.

"Do you want me here right now?" I asked and when he didn't reply I started packing up. "Text me if you need anything. Or feel free to ignore me and not tell me why until it backfires in your face," I added and heard him scoff as I grabbed my bag and left.

What the fuck?

𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒:

𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐞

𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥

𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥

hey change of plans!
are you up for homework
at Mr. Beans

𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐞

yesssss
i'll meet you there in 10?

𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥

perfect
𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘦

-

"Hey Lains," I said as she sat down across from me at the booth. "I got you a matcha the way you like it," I added and she grinned.

"You're the best person ever, I'll venmo you how much was it?" she asked and I shook my head.

"I still owe you from last time," I replied and she narrowed her eyes.

"Fine," Lainey said with one last mockingly hateful look. I laughed and she saw through it, "What's up with you? You okay?" she asked and I deflated a little.