𝟐𝟑

𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲, 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫– 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐲. The upstairs guest bathroom is where I found myself, throwing up from the combination of alcohol and stress.

I locked the door behind me when I came in here, not really in the mood to listen to anyone talk or feel anyone try to comfort me. After I stopped throwing up and used the mouthwash under the sink, I braced myself against the counter and looked in the mirror.

I saw the mascara running down my face, the tears that still steadily fell, and the state of my overall being and then laughed at myself.

How could I be so stupid? Why do- did I care so much about him? How did I end up here?

The laughter turned to crying faster than I'd like to admit and I sank to the floor leaning against the cabinets under the counter. I looked up at the ceiling as I cried, trying to stop the mascara from getting worse, and kept wondering why I'm drunk crying over Jeremiah Fisher.

Jeremiah Fisher who couldn't get over his obsession with Belly until he actually lost me. Jeremiah Fisher who basically ignored my existence for months. Jeremiah Fisher who didn't try unless I begged him.

Jeremiah Fisher who would give up the world to protect me. Jeremiah Fisher who knows me better than anyone. Jeremiah Fisher who held me and made sure I ate when my mom would act out. The boy I've loved my entire life. Oh.

Oh.

That adds up.

And it fueled my crying more. About 5 minutes later, the tears stopped abruptly and I realized that it was stupid for me to be upset right now.

I'm at a party with my friends and alcohol and I'm crying in the bathroom. Fuck this I want to get hammered.

I cleaned up my makeup in the mirror and then headed back downstairs, straight to the kitchen. Roman was sitting on a barstool when I got there and he looked up as I walked in, "Want me to beat the shit out of him?" he asked and I laughed.

"That's okay, I'm just gonna get drunk as fuck. That experience sobered me up too much," I replied and he pulled me closer to him.

He was on a barstool and I was between his legs, his hands on my waist under my shirt, and he was looking up at me while holding eye contact. I'm surprised I didn't faint honestly.

"You sure you don't need anything?" Roman clarified and I gave a half-smile.

"I could go for shots," I said simply and he smiled.

"Not what I meant but I'm down," he said and pulled me even closer so I was almost in his lap.

I tilted his chin up with my fingers and pulled him into a kiss. It didn't last very long, and it was messy, but in the moment it was exactly what I needed.

A distraction and an outlet all in one.

"Shots?" Roman asked as he pulled away, still hovering near my lips.

"Mhm," I hummed and pulled him back into it. It's like he knew exactly what I needed, holding me tighter and shifting the kiss to still be fast-paced, but more controlled and thought out. He basically lulled me back into a less-stressed state.

"Mkay," he mumbled as he pulled away. "Ready?" he questioned and I nodded, slowly snapping out of my daze from our kiss.

I watched Roman pour the shots, his arm flexing against his shirt as he poured the bottle into the glasses. I noticed him notice me noticing him too late and his sly grin was enough to show for that.