𝟏𝟐

A/N || Mess It Up - Gracie Abrams 

𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 (𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤) 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚? Probably not, but here we are. I set up the speaker while I waited for him to come back. I'm not sure where everyone is, I saw Steven and Taylor inside, but everyone else is MIA as far as I'm aware. 

As I tried to find the playlist I wanted, a text message popped up and my heart dropped.

𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗮𝘀 𝗪𝗮𝗱𝗲
𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘪'𝘮 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘴

Jer's gonna flip a bitch.

Roman was my last little summer fling before dating Jeremiah. We were never that serious relationship-wise, just rather uh- explorative, for lack of a better word. Before Jeremiah and I started dating though, he was one of my best friends. Jer felt threatened by Roman in the early stages of our relationship, so we drifted apart. 

To be fair, I understand why Jeremiah was threatened. Roman's one of those people that has an aura of confidence that draws you in, he always knows exactly what to say, is the life of every party, and is also really fucking hot so that helps. 

We'll find out what happens soon enough I guess, for now I'll just ignore him until he surfaces in person.

Just as I remembered what I'd been doing before going down a Roman rabbit hole, Jeremiah walked out. The Scoop On Heaven by Mac Miller started playing as I shuffled a random playlist and he moved over to the lounge chair I was sitting on, wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me back to lay down with him. 

 Why even think of Roman when I have this?

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, "Wanna jump in?" I asked and his hand stopped tracing my back for a second. 

"Let's stay here a minute?" he offered and I hummed in content.

"Only a minute," I replied, trying to have an ounce of self-control. I could feel his smile radiating off of him and my nails trailed up and down his arm. I held back a smile when I realized goosebumps had popped up on his arm. 

Just as I was about to tease him over it I was lifted up over his shoulder. How he did it so easily is beyond me, but like hot.

"Jeremiah," I warned a little too late because we were already mid-jump into the pool. 

"You said only a minute," he said when we resurfaced and I rolled my eyes as I splashed him out of spite. He shook out his hair and looked at me with an evil little smirk. 

Before I could process his look he dipped under water and grabbed my legs, pulling me under. 

"You little shit," I said and flicked his head when we resurfaced for the second time. Jer just laughed and laid back in the water, starfish floating like he did nothing wrong. 

I took that opportunity to dive on him and fold him in two as we sank. It worked and as we came up again Jeremiah had a proud smile on his face. 

"You make me so happy angel," he said softly and I narrowed my eyes playful.

"Diversion? That's low," I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"Not this time," Jer replied and wrapped his arms around me in a bear hug. "Just missed you," he whispered and I leaned into his touch.