𝟏𝟔

A/N || deja vu - olivia rodrigo

𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞. I'm not even that upset, I'm just mad at myself that I didn't see this coming. That I didn't breakup with him sooner, that I trusted him enough to do this again.

It's 11:40 and I got out of bed 15 minutes ago. Nicole and Conrad slept over last night and woke up earlier than me. They were making pancakes and smoothies when I walked downstairs, and I've never been more grateful. I'm starving.

I devoured some pancakes and took my smoothie on the road to save time. I dipped and drove to our beach, parking on the side of the road in front of Jeremiah's car. Well I'm glad he figured it out because I haven't checked my phone since yesterday.

I got out of the car, hopped the fence, and walked leisurely over to the tall rocks. I was met with a picnic, flowers, a basket of I don't really give a fuck what, and an incredibly nervous Jeremiah Fisher. Wow I wonder why!

"This might've worked if you guys weren't here yesterday," I said and stood a couple feet away from him with my arms crossed.

"Kendall-"

"No I don't want to hear it- I really don't want to hear it. I don't know what it's gonna take for you to stop fucking up, because nothing so far has ever been enough. I'm fed up and exhausted and over it. You can't make it one day of us on our break without doing something monumentally fucked," I said and looked around at the rocks before looking back at him.

"I'm-"

"Nope. I came here for one answer. Was that the first time you brought her here?" I asked and he froze up, looked away, and struggled to answer me. "Yeah that's all I needed to know," I said and took a sip of my smoothie. "Unless you want to tell me when," I added and he nodded.

"Yeah uh- last summer," I bit the inside of my cheek and waited for him to keep talking. "Before we went for muffins and then-"

"And then," I mumbled to myself and then I noticed he was crying. "You don't get to fucking cry. And then when?"

"That day when I slept over and then went to work while you and Nicole were at the farmers market after I got off work," he added and now I was just angry.

"You mean after we fucked, you went to work, and came back, and then went mini golfing, you hadn't been at work. You'd been at our fucking beach. You didn't even tell me you were with her," I started to rant and then stopped. "You're not worth me wasting my fucking breath," I ran my free hand over my face and through my hair.

"Angel I-"

"Not a fucking chance. Not a singular chance, no. No more angel, no more babe, no more Ken. I'm done. I'm done. I'm so fucking done. Wait- and you were upset about me getting lunch with Roman? Do you realize how- clearly not never mind," I said and he was head in his hands crying.

"Kendall I can't lose you, I can't lose anything else," he whispered and to be completely honest I almost laughed.

"Yeah that's what I said about six months ago. You think I want to lose you? I wouldn't have fought for you for a year, but at some point you start to wonder why am I doing this for someone who clearly doesn't give a shit. I don't think I asked for much. Let's see, attention, communication, loyalty, and love. I got one of those things and I had to fight for it. I'm done doing all the work, all the fighting, all the communication, apparently all the loyalty. I'm over it and honestly I don't want to be around you.