𝟎𝟓

A/N || there's been a time jump bcuz
i'm finally done stalling!!! the shows out
so here's a little note to tell you that
this chapter is the end of the following
school year. also lainey's a new oc for this book.
her pic's been added to the pic page 😙
kay that's all :)

-

𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰. Lainey is sitting on my right and Jeremiah is in the front left corner of the class. He's been trying to get my attention for the entirety of this class but I don't have the energy to even look up at him. My face has been resting on my hands for the entirety of this class, barely keeping me awake.

A couple times my head would start to fall and Lainey would nudge me to wake me back up. The bell finally rang and we practically sprinted out of that room.

"Fucking finally," Lainey said excitedly and I laughed as we made it to our lockers.

Lainey is one of my best Bostons friends and since Nicole's away at college I've been spending a lot of time with her. We play volleyball together and have most of the same classes. With all the shit Jer and I have been through this year I've been happy to have her by my side.

"It's been a long year," I replied and she rubbed my shoulder in attempt to comfort me.

"Hey there you are," a voice said and two arms wrapped around my waist as Lainey smiled fondly.

"Hey Jer," I hummed and leaned back into his chest. "I'm leaving tomorrow, do you know when you're coming to Cousins?" I asked and he tensed a little at the mention of the town.

"Not sure yet, when I do I'm probably gonna stay with you if that's okay," he said and I nodded.

"'Course. Nicole's already there- Lain are you still coming?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I think in a week, I have a couple things to do first," she replied and I smiled as we grabbed the last of what was left in our lockers and started to leave.

As we left, the two of us said bye and split off from Lainey. He walked me to my car and I leaned up against it as he stood a few feet away from me.

"You're still coming over tonight? We need to talk about this," I questioned and Jeremiah nodded as his arms crossed his chest.

"Yeah, and yes we do," his eyes went off the ground and met mine, a sad smile shared before I pulled him into a hug. "I love you," Jer whispered and I held him tighter.

"I love you too," I whispered back before pulling out of the hug and getting into my car. "See you tonight," I said before I closed my door.

I managed to keep it together until I pulled out of the school parking lot. Godspeed by Frank Ocean started playing and I started to lose it. I know this is what's best for both of us, but right now it's hard to think about the positives. He and I have had a rough couple of months.

Even before Susannah died, before we even knew it was for sure going to happen, the fights we had were becoming more and more consistent. I tried to be there for him whenever I could, but he'd shut me out. I broke through a couple times and even then I could tell it didn't seem like he wanted me there.